Ben Davison deluded

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Canning, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Canning

Canning Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    watching Davison's most recent IFL TV interview he gives reasons why even though he’s only 25 he’s a great trainer with lots of experience including “ ask any boxer I’ve worked with they’ll tell you ask Billy Joe he’s said I was great in an interview “

If Ben Davison is so great why did BJS leave him and join Ingle after only one fight ?

2. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Give Davidson a break. Everyone starts somewhere . Better than living off yer dad's good name and being gifted a living

Kahuna, Skelly, DON1 and 8 others like this.
  3. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    And being a pusher of juice

4. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Also he didn't look that good the time he cornered bjs. He looked out of his depth.
    I watched a intv with big John fury last night. Reading between the lines I think he feels there's still unanswered questions regarding Ben.
    I think Ben has been really good in some areas but he just hasn't got the experience or skills in other departments.
    I really hope Tyson does it on Sat but there's so many unanswered questions atm

Canning likes this.
  5. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    fast car living in your head rent free lol

TonyHayers likes this.
  6. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I feel like he is an opportunist, it is slightly worrying how much he is enjoying the public's attention.

305th, im sparticus and Canning like this.
  7. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He cannot grow a beard...worse still he has grown a bad beard and kept it

Obvs a yes man

im sparticus likes this.
  8. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Well let’s judge him after the fight cos if Fury wins then he deserves some credit. Would he be the youngest British trainer to have a HW world champ?

I have noticed his shyness seems to have gone as the months have passed let’s hope it doesn’t turn to cockiness or are we too late.

9. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I puked when he claimed Tyson has saved thousands of life.

I can picture it now. An orphaned homeless man heading into the woods with a rope, ready to end it all. He lost his parents when he was young, couldn't hold down a job to keep a roof over his head, and is now starving on the cold streets at night. There doesn't seem much point in living anymore....

BUT WAIT, he remembers that multi millionaire Tyson Fury was feeling sad after becoming heavyweight world champion of the world. So sad that he would go drinking and eating all night long before returning to his lovely big house and healthy family. Fury was able to lose weight and then go and fight for millions more.

The orphaned homeless man throws away the rope and returns to his sleeping bag in the city centre, now feeling there is hope in life.

Bollocks.

Chuck Wepner, DON1, Benjiabc and 9 others like this.
  10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    This is a bit of a cynical view but I don’t think Davison will add much, nor be required to add much, on Saturday night.

Wilder is a one punch highly unorthodox KO artist. There’s not much a trainer can do in terms of reading Wilder’s game plan. Will Davison really need to have a look at adjustments Tyson needs to make during the fight to cope with Wilder?

Almost unanimously the boxing public has the following view of the fight: Tyson will win on points unless he gets tagged and sparked out. It’s on Fury to make sure he maintains full concentration throughout the fight and to stay out of range. Davison has done his part as far as I’m concerned and that’s getting Tyson fit.

Scissors and stittyb like this.
  11. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I agree I think Tyson thinks he doesn’t need a trainer and is just using him to give him some publicity. They are obviously good friends so good on him. But if he does win he’s trainer of the year ain’t he lol

pow likes this.
  12. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Not heard his comments but what you said Is the typical reason why people stay quiet.

Fhaggis and channy like this.
  13. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I think this is it.
    There is absolutely nothing in B.D resume to suggest he has the talent to train the former heavyweight lineal champ going fwd into a world title clash against a fighter like wilder.
    The only time we've seen Ben before is when he did bjs and look what happened there.
    I do believe he has a place in the team as he does bring some qualitys to the tabke but not head trainer

14. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    From what I gauge Ben Davidson is a very good people's person. Meantime he seems to click with Fury so good on him.

A trainer is judged over a long period of time though, so we will judge Ben Davidson in 5-10 years from now.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  15. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    i can remember nearly everyone was commenting on how poor he was with the advice between rounds. That was a couple of years ago now, so i'm sure he's picked up a lot more knowledge. Fury may be eccentric, but i don't think he'd hire a trainer he doesn't believe in