Ben Whittaker

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He does it far too often in fights to the point it means nothing

Watch Naz, when he show boated you'd remember it but Whittaker seems to want his entire fights to consist of it

velagod, ipitythefool, Beale and 2 others like this.
  2. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    I'm all for it. Boxing needs characters. It will help market him well and get people talking about him. We all remember the likes of Roy Jones Jr & Prince Naz because of their showboating.

ryanm8655, Matthew240 and Astro like this.
  3. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Do it in 50/50 fights not against opponents with less than 1% chance of winning.

Hope he gets KTFO and even better while he is showing off.

4. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Summers and Pitters are good local fights but both lads would want a ton of money.

5. LegsAreShaky

LegsAreShaky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2023
    They could do it for Summers’ British as a chief support to Denny defending his European. Fair enough not wanting to pay him for fourth down the card, but as a chief support it’d be worth it, no?

I’m not in the know at all in terms of purses, I remember getting rinsed on here for guessing Azim would get high 5 figures for the Reyes fight lol, but how much are they realistically going to want? 15-20k?

LoadedGlove likes this.
  6. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Not a fan of it. Totally disrespectful. I can live with "on the ropes" bobbing and weaving but in the center of the ring pratting around? - nah!

If he showboats against a C Smith, Yarde, Buatsi, Bivol, Beterbiev, then I'll give him props.

Personally, whilst he has some talent, he'll get found out by at least 4 of the 5 I've mentioned.

Accurate, velagod and Beale like this.
  7. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016
    I don’t mind showboating when it’s against someone with a pulse he’s just embarrassing himself doing against people of that level.

I’ve heard people mentioning Prince Naseem in comparison whereas I’m on the broner side of the fence until he proves himself, at least broner was able to con world titles before getting found out though. He looks like he’s got potential but they always do when being hyped and matched up cleverly, wouldn’t be the first time one of our hype jobs gets a hiding when they step up.

Beale and Oreet Cha! like this.
  8. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    Getting a lot of interaction online, let's see if it will translate to ticket sales, have my doubts

Beale likes this.
  9. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    What fanny is he going to be fighting and looking like a fanny against next.

Oreet Cha!, Beale and BXNG101 like this.
  10. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I quite like the guy. But all the excessive showboating demonstrates is that he is fighting guys well below his level so not providing the fans decent value for money. He is talented and needs to be stepped up.

Chuck him in sparring with Bebertiev. See how much fannying about he does then.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    DJN16, Accurate, Sonny1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Even though a complete knobhead, Broner was the real deal at lightweight.

12. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Look how quickly his legacy and reputation went down the pan, he will never get the plaudits from that stage of his career will only be remembered for the rest of it

Sonny1 likes this.
  13. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He looked class in the video of him sparring Felix Cash. He is learning nothing fighting these journeyman, he needs real tests.

liger1992 likes this.
  14. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Doubt it'll increase his ticket sales. Its more if a social media thing imo

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. Mugen38

Mugen38 Member Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Can't stand the creep & the way he humiliates fighters many levels below him is disgusting!