Benavidez Vs Gvozdyk in June

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by velagod, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Hyland

Hyland Pimp C's Father Full Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I agree. I wish that narrative died completely. Fighters are always going to get negative criticism no matter who they fight, whether it's there to balance the praise fighters receive or just people trying to find a way to discredit. Morrell has 10 fights but he's knocking on the door. The only thing that goes against Morrell is he doesn't have a big following or draw yet. He's learning English and he's been showing up to events to make his face recognizable. Does Morrell build his resume up before a megafight with Benavidez? David has my respect taking the fight regardless. The casuals and general public will always have something to say.

'Warpath' likes this.
  2. bjl12

bjl12 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2012
    That's what GGG did and it worked out for him. Benavidez just relying on PBC cheerleaders to hype up ducking fantasies.

No fighter, let alone Canelo, fears another fighter.

3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    LOL DB has been calling out Canelo for several years. Remember? DB was calling out Canelo before Canelo got embarrassed by Bivol and continued to call him out afterward.

KINGWILDER likes this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Without the "help" he received, both legal & illegal he would not have had a career. Fight Benavidez, Bivol at 168 , then Beterbiev maybe if he did that instead of fighting dragged up semi retired brothers from 2 weights below like a coward, then he may getsupport but as of now hes just a cheating diva

dougingb likes this.
  5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO Canelo is insulting the great Mexican fight fans by acting the coward AGAIN!!!!!! remember El Pollo Rojo

6. KINGWILDER

KINGWILDER "Diamond Boy" Full Member

May 11, 2023
    Benavidez is the number 1 ranked contender at 168 and has been for several years. He has been calling out Canelo out for years who is instead fought a 40 year old GGG and a guy two weight classes lower. If that’s not ducking then I don’t know what is.

C.J. and dougingb like this.
  7. bjl12

bjl12 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2012
    The Jermell fight was inexcusable. I didnt like it when it was announced or when it happened. GGG was old business I guess and Ryder was a mandatory, but Jermell was just pointless.

Problem is both are with Al Haymon whose fighters are notoriously inactive. Nonetheless Benavidez has beaten Plant and Andrade in addition to Dirrell

8. KINGWILDER

KINGWILDER "Diamond Boy" Full Member

May 11, 2023
    I think GGG was pointless but it wouldn’t really have mattered had he fought Benavidez or Bivol again after.

Yes PBC fighters can be inactive but Benavidez has been active and beat Andrade and Plant back to back. I just don’t think there is a single guy at 168 who is more deserving of a shot.

steviebruno and bjl12 like this.
  9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    So here we have super athlete Tommy Aspinall the current UFC interim HW champ who can knock you senseless with his fists or just as easily take you down to the ground and submit you. The full champ and arguably the GOAT Jon Jones doesn't want that smoke after witnessing Aspinall tear though the division stopping all bar one of his opponents (who he lost to after suffering a freak injury) in the first or second round with frightening ease like only a Brit can.

Jones in only interested in fighting old man and arguably the HW GOAT Stipe and Stipe don't want no Aspinall smoke either because both he and Jones and literally every fan knows Aspinall is the most dangerous man in the division

This is Aspinall's take on it

This is how lions and kings roll

His ego will not allow him to duck a challenger to his throne and ignore the calls from fans to fight them. If someone challenges your throne you have to put them back in their place.

Timestamped

This content is protected

"Mate, as I said, I am, I see myself as the number one. The number one is the king, and somebody challenges the king's throne, it will be defended. I will defend my throne."

The king must defend his throne''

Are you listening, Ginger Demon?

bjl12 likes this.
  10. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Morrell already declined though. He had his chance and said no. It’s clear Benavidez has moved on to a higher tier. lol can’t make 168. He was 167 and 166 his last 2 fights. Time for Canelo to send the contract. Morrell and everyone else doesn’t matter. Morrell is the new defense for Canelo stains. So beating Morrell does nothing. The goal for fighters is to move forward, not backwards. It’s happened to every fighter. BoXiNg Is A bUsInEsS remember?

11. 'Warpath'

'Warpath' New Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Where's your proof Morrell declined? Benavidez' manager said on camera they had a signed agreement. Was that a lie? If Benavidez can still make 168 then why is he leaving the division to fight a guy who retired for 3 years? I want to see Canelo fight Benavidez next but if Canelo doesn't send a contract, I think fighting the other top guys at 168 is better for David's career

12. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    Benavidez manager said they had a signed agreement. Ok, so where is the fight? Looks like Morrell said no. Moving on.

13. 'Warpath'

Sep 4, 2018
    So no proof to back your claim that Morrell declined?

14. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    I’m still waiting on proof Morrell is even that good. He can prove himself like Benavidez had to. Why is he not fighting other guys like Benavidez did?

15. 'Warpath'

Sep 4, 2018
    You are the one that made a claim that it seems you are unable to back up, not me. I've only given my opinion. Now you're creating an argument to attack to avoid conceding that you don't have proof of your claim or that it was only your opinion

IsaL likes this.