Benn should still fight Garton! Actually makes more sense with no title.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Mar 9, 2019.

1. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    If Benn thinks he's ready for Garton then the fight will be even easier to make now.

No title also means less pressure on the kid if he did happen to win.

Garton is tough cookie that looks fit and he likes a fight. Basically a style Conor should have the beating of.

Thoughts, is it more or less likely?

Or was it all just hype for the youngster...

Can't help but think Benn has been out ped'ding up lol. Looks like he has developed a little physically in the time off.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    May as well fight Jenkins now as he has the Belt but both are cracking under card fights and should be wars. Garton v Benn will be a slugfest last man standing type fight, Jenkins should outbox Connor comfortably but will he have enough power to keep him off? Personally I think Jenkins will have the beating of Benn. Better get some extra security if they plan putting on Garton v Benn.

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Is Benn still around? Thought he might have given boxing away with his inactivity.

4. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Benn has more chance against Garton, but would still expect him to lose in a war. Jenkins outboxes him and wins comortably. I would love to see either fight.

Sphillips likes this.
  5. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Either fight would be good for fans but you would think he would go after Jenkins since he has the British

tough night for Benn because Jenkins has experience and better skills -- but I would expect him to edge it

pow likes this.
  6. michaeljnr

michaeljnr Member Full Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Connor benn v Willie limond heard it here first.

7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    If Benn stays on his feet then he prob gets the decision. Sky have inexplicably hitched their wagon to him and so for him to fall short before winning a Brit title would be seen as a massive loss for them.

8. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Conor Benn vs Romeo Romaeo, now that I would love to see!