Benn vs Eubank Price

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jul 21, 2022.

1. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I know boxing is a dangerous sport etc but when Fowler can afford to have a Versace pram nicked, granted outside Iceland, it just goes to show how overpaid so many average fighters are these days. Ford fiesta fighters who think they deserve ( and get ) Ferraris is an excellent phrase. That's why so many big fights don't happen. It's not just the promoters. Because of DAZN Sky and Probellum and perhaps Queensbury, there's no hunger particularly if you made a name for yourself in the amateurs. They're a bit hungrier in the States, in Mexico and in the East

2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Well you could argue that Spotify and others while providing value to the customer it absolutely rips off the content providers.

Boxings issues are the purses are too high but at the same time I don't begrudge fighters earning as much as they can.

I think people should ask why is Eubank even taking this fight? This guy has never shown that he actually wants to become a middle or super middleweight champion? He turned down the GGG fight, he wanted to fight Kell Brook and even criticised Brook choosing to retire instead of fighting him.

3. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    That's because ufc fans know what they are getting with the ufc. They know they will get a card full of good fights so the main event not being announced doesn't really matter.

The business models are totally different though. The purse for eubank or Benn will be greater than the total purse paid out by the ufc show by a huge margin.

For all those who would like to see boxing run like the ufc You could make an argument that UFC has too much of a monopoly on MMA and there is no real competition giving fighters options.

aaaaa likes this.
  4. The G-Man

The G-Man Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    That was a few years ago.
    Nowadays it s not thst true,there are several promotions who give out good paydays and offer competition.
    Bellator,PFL,RIZIN,ONE,etc.
    Hell Felice Herrig recently retired after her last loss only to sign with BKFC a few days later.Why?BKFC tripled her UFC contract.
    UFC only pays top dogs,tge rest could make more elsewhere but stay in order to make the top dog list.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m told that Conor was/is struggling to make weight at welter so he was having to move up anyway. Not so big a step in weight as it may seem.

6. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Fiestas, Ex BT Austin Metros more like...

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  7. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    DAZN seem to have no long term plans at all.

8. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Benn has improved a hell of a lot, seems a lot better in all departments.

He is still a small 147lber, that has chin issues.
    His power looks very good for the weight, much better than it was as a 20 year old.

Punching hard at 147 isnt the same as 156

Jr isnt the biggest puncher @ 160 but has good power and electric hand speed.
    Benn is still way to small to win a range at distance, and will get mauled in close.

Hope we dont see this one tbh

Would anyone pick Benn against Williams or even Felix Cash?

9. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Yeah I know other promotions exist but what I mean is they are mainly out of sight.

When was the last time for example the ufc lost a top star to another promotion?

Once Pride FC died and the MMA boom in Japan ended UFC the threat to UFC not having the top talent ended.

10. The G-Man

The G-Man Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Might Mouse to ONE for Askren a few years ago.
    Cyborg if you count her,to Bellator.
    Also not top stars but they certainly have lost useful fighters such as Bader or Corey Johnson etc recently aswell.
    UFC is still number 1 but it s business model is slowly but surely rubbing fighters the wrong way.

11. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I think for at least 20 years I have been told MMA will zoom past the popularity of boxing.

20 years later and I am still waiting to see it.

12. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    :lol:

13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    23 days until this PPV event and the undercard has a grand total of zero fights on it.

Astro and TBC-ASAP like this.
  14. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    Felix Cash is on the card. He's been sparring with Benn and sims has confirmed it.

15. littlebrain

littlebrain New Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    Has a price been set yet?