Bernard lost, but Andy Lee...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by semichin, Aug 25, 2007.

1. semichin

semichin Guest

Won by TKO again. Anyone see these 2 fights???

2. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Trolljegeren Full Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Saw Dunne get beat, got caught cold, didn't know how to take it, fought with heart, but never recovered, and his mind seemed elsewhere after the first KD, like he was angry at himself, but he got tagged real good a few times before the fight was called.

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Andy Lee is perhaps the best middleweight prospect out there today

4. BoardBULLY

BoardBULLY Member Full Member

May 8, 2005
    I thought andy lee dropped to welterweight? isnt he 147 lbs?

5. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    lol , you're obviously thinking of someone else . Andy could never make Welterweight and would look freakish at 147(he's 6'2)

6. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Yup :good

7. BlueApollo

BlueApollo Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 19, 2007
    Dunne losing by first round KO dropped my jaw when I saw it. He is there to be hit of course, I just thought it would take a run in with a division power to do the trick. Guess he really isn't ready for the big timers yet. On the other hand, what do we know about Martinez?

8. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    He can punch.............

His style is a it Tysonish too , crouchs like Tyson and explodes with hooks . Hard to tell how good he really is though , he didn't look bad tonight anyway . Looks like he might have a good chin too , Dunne isn't exactly a power puncher but he did land clean on Martinez a few times and Martinez didn't even flinch .

9. Sonny Carson

Sonny Carson Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Martinez is a guy I will be looking forward to seeing in the states. He's only 21. Lee is without a doubt one of the best prospects at middleweight along with Peter Quillin and Joe Greene. I think all three of those prospects will meet one day.

10. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    yeah..could be one to watch although you can't tell much from a couple of minutes of action! but it does look like he's confident and strong, and if he manages a couple of defences of the euro title he should make the world top ten. he's got plenty of time.

11. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    His last opponent was a welterweight: Thomas Hengstberger 147¾

I hope he'll get a serious opponent soon.

12. griff

griff WOODDDDDDDYA Full Member

Dec 14, 2006
    I'll putting these fights onto my Youtube page at the moment

13. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Ciaran Healey was a light middle 6-5-1. He as faced very poor opposition so far but he has looked hot. There is a long way to go before we can start thinking of titles. The European should be 5 maybe 6 six fights away going on how slow he is been moved.

14. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Thought Dunne keeping his hands low would cost him. His guard Is wide open too as he moves around on his feet.

15. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    I'm a big Andy Lee fan. I like his style, I like that he represents Kronk, and I'd love to see him try and emulate the Hitman.

Go Andy Lee!:happy