Berto on the same track as Lacy

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lefthook31, Aug 27, 2007.

1. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Rushing a fighter before they are fully developed is a big no no. Gary Shaw and Lou Dibella being the greedy guys they are, seem to be the kings of it. Berto is showing a lot of promise, but also some of the same flaws Lacy showed leading up to the Calzahge fight. In my opinions Lacy is a ruined fighter.

2. HandsOfGold

HandsOfGold Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I'm gonna wait until I see Lacy fight with a 100% healed shoulder before I judge him ruined or not.

3. KillerInstinct

KillerInstinct Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I agree. While Lacy did look bad at the 2nd half of the fight, he was really beating up Tyspko during the first couple of rounds and tearing a rotator cuff (or whatever he did) definately would affect his performance. I think Lacy will go on to be a titilist, I think people just refuse to admit the fact that Calzaghe is indeed a great fighter who has Lacy's number. However, Kessler will beat Calz :deal

4. He Hate Me

He Hate Me Active Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Berto is a future world champ, another future world champ I hope they won't throw in the fire is chavez jr.

5. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Lacy was a top 3 super middle in the world...he just lost to a better fighter, simple as that.

6. Asterion

Asterion Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2005

:good

7. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Perfectly said (WOW ILL, you turnin over a new leaf....I find myself agreeing with ya alot as of late....Id like to think I had some influence here...:lol: ).

Seriously tho. Lacy was a good fighter and a great puncher...but he just lost to a better fighter, no more, no less.

Lets wait till he fully heals and gets back in there before we start planning his retirement party!

As for Berto, I think he is gonna win this one. I like what I have seen from the kid so far....we will see tho.

8. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I think Berto has the goods. I like what he's shown up to now.

As far as Lacy is concerned, like has been said, wait until he's returned healed before we say he's shot. he got beat bad by Calzaghe but Calzage is a very good fighter.

No shame in that.

9. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    :lol: I forget what we even used to argue about...

10. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    :lol:

11. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Berto's chin is awful. Estrada by KO.

12. PR Boxing Lore

PR Boxing Lore Member Full Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Berto has a good future, they have to take it easy with him, step by step.Lacy, we have to wait and see! Hello from Arecibo left hook!:D

13. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Ha Im not actually living PR but I go there a lot! I love it down there. Anyway, as some said Lacy was a top three fighter, but he still wasnt experienced enough facing the proper fighters to prepare him for someone like Calzahage. Calzahge outclassed him in every way. How many times do we see a ranked fighter but into a fight that he doesnt belong in. Kermit Cintron quickly comes to mind, but I dont think the beating he took was anything close the beating and mental damage Lacy took against Joe.

14. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    No, its not as simple as that. He lost big. And did so, because he was too green vs elites. He met the best too soon. He may have never been able to best JC, but embarressing himself, would not be the option had he waited.

Luckily Lacy seems strong of mind, and I believe he will recover from the big loss over time.

15. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007