Berto Vs Shane Is Confirmed for January 24!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by walk with me, Nov 20, 2008.


  1. Arriba

    Arriba Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

    27,148
    6
    Jun 30, 2007
    As I said about Margo and Mosley, I'll believe it when HBO starts hyping it up.
     
  2. Pimp C

    Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

    123,174
    35,346
    Jun 23, 2005
    I hope this fight gets made. It's an interesting stylistic matchup.
     
  3. RealIzm

    RealIzm Boxing Junkie banned

    12,032
    2
    Oct 12, 2007
    More like Mosley handing a beatdown to a very limited hypejob
     
  4. Pimp C

    Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

    123,174
    35,346
    Jun 23, 2005
    You may be right but I'm glad we'll finally see Berto test himself.:good
     
  5. walk with me

    walk with me Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

    21,066
    47
    Nov 17, 2007
    tss


    Thursday Nov 20, 2008

    TSS Universe, we want to know: what should the odds me going into this. Berto told us he will win, but can see even money. What about you guys?

    Print this article Email this article
    Shane Mosley Vs. Andre Berto Is On

    By Michael Woods

    Antonio Margarito took a pass on fighting Sugar Shane Mosley. But fight fans shouldn’t cry a river, as a pretty decent Plan B has been hatched. WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto has stepped up, and agreed to fight SSM on January 24.

    The fight has been agreed to, in principle, and will take place on in either Las Vegas or New York.

    The 25-year-old Berto (23-0) told TSS that he’s pumped up for the scrap, and thinks the style matchup will give fans good bang for their buck. The fight will run on "free" HBO.

    “I’m an exciting fighter, and I need to be fighting exciting opponents,” said Berto, who acknowledged that he’s itching to test himself and take on a superstar. “Me and Mosley have similar styles, we get touched and we give back two, three, four shots. He has speed and power like me. People had been talking about Shane against Floyd Mayweather. This is the next best thing.”

    The 37-year-old Mosley (45-5) told TSS that some Ts need to be crossed, but he is pretty certain the old guard versus new guard tussle will take place. He applauds Berto for taking the match. “Accepting a fight like this, it’s the mark of a true warrior,” he said, as he offered the theory that Margarito’s decision not to fight him came more from promoter Bob Arum than himself.

    When asked to compare Berto to someone he’s taken on in his 15-year pro career, he didn’t hesitate. “Myself. I told Richard Schaefer and Eric Gomez that this fight is probably harder for me than Margarito.”

    TSS asked Berto about that contention, and the Floridian agreed. “From his perspective, he’d have the speed advantage over Margarito,” Berto said. “It’s easier to fight a straight-forward guy, you saw that with Hopkins facing Pavlik.”

    “Comparing himself to me, that’s a compliment. I was telling friends not that long ago, Shane Mosley was my favorite fighter. Now he’s my opponent.”








    you happy?
     
  6. TIME-BOMB

    TIME-BOMB Rising Superstar Full Member

    486
    0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Fair dues to Berto for taking the fight (If its true!!)
    Big step up in oppostion for him, mosely will have to be better than he was against Mayorga!
    Mosely by UD!!
     
  7. freddy-wak

    freddy-wak M O D E R A T O R Full Member

    36,443
    29
    Oct 28, 2004
    just ****en with'ya man :good

    he's a class act and a good fighter...:good