Best boxing gym in london??

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by pichuchu, Feb 14, 2013.

1. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Hey a few months ago i injured myself and doctor said i should be good to resume training at the start of next month. Im located in london and decided that my gym isnt best for me and was wondering what gyms you guys recommend?
    I've heard good stuff about dale youth, repton and finchley but im sure they packed with a lot of people due to their rep

2. RichC

RichC Member Full Member

May 15, 2011
    It's about finding the best gym for YOU in London - not the "best" gym per se.

Repton and West Ham are probably the most successful gyms in the country however many of the boxers start out at other clubs and move there after having success with their original clubs.

Lots of great clubs worth taking a look at:

Earlsfield (3 home grown senior ABA champs last year).
    Fitzroy Lodge.
    Lynn AC.
    Finchley.
    Dale Youth.
    Islington.
    Fisher ABC (smaller club with some very good boxers).

Etc etc etc.

3. pichuchu

Mar 13, 2011
    Not worried about the reputation im looking for mainly a gym where the trainers have experience and will nurture my abilities and halp me improve as apose to concentrating on the good guys and just using me to make up the numbers on shows

4. Celtic Warrior

Celtic Warrior Active Member Full Member

May 10, 2007
    Where do you work/live?

Getting to and from the gym is as big a factor as any.

I trained at Fisher for a while, great coaching/fboxers, but it was out of the way for me.

Now I'm at Double Jab in New Cross. It had a bad rep, but the club has been under new management for a while and things are really on the up.

It doesn't have the history of a club like Fisher or the name like Dale or Repton, however the coaches will invest time in you if show them commitment and there are plenty of hungry young fighters if you want to test yourself in sparring.

5. pichuchu

Mar 13, 2011
    Located near tottenham

6. Celtic Warrior

May 10, 2007
    I don't know that area of London well, but you're not too far from Finchley.

Perhaps some of the other posters can help you out, but I would advise you to go to a few of the gyms in your area and find the one that suits you.

7. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I was going to say, London is fuarking huge. It may be worth giving Spencer Fearon a message on Facebook, tell him your experience, location etc and see if he can help you out.

8. curly

curly Fastest hands in the West Full Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Haringey Police ABC is in Tottenham, Flinchley is around an hour away on public transport. Islington isn't too far away either.

9. superman1692

superman1692 Active Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Spencer? As in Spencer from Islington boxing club (aka The Real Fight Club)? I used to go there. Am thinking of going back, really enjoyed it.

10. Celtic Warrior

May 10, 2007
    What's the Real Fight Club like on a Saturday morning?

My own gym is only open Mon-Fri and would love to do a bit of training and maybe get a few rounds in on a Saturday morning?

11. superman1692

Feb 13, 2011
    It's good man. They do the usual stuff they do on the weekdays. the good thing about Saturdays is that they're usually a lot quieter and has less people, which is better in my opinion :good

12. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I don't live in London, but I believe Spencer was/is affiliated with The Real Fight Club. I know that some of his pros train at Rooney's Gym London Bridge (I really enjoyed sparring there).

13. Celtic Warrior

May 10, 2007
    Sounds good.

Is there much sparring? What's the best time to get there for sparring? And, how much for a single session?

Cheers mate. Love getting a few rounds done in a Saturday morning, but it's been a while.

14. superman1692

Feb 13, 2011
    yea man they spar all the time, so there's no particular time slot. It's up to whenever you wanna get to the gym basically. Sparring itself is free. You have to pay extra to do a one on one padwork session though.

15. Celtic Warrior

May 10, 2007
    Sorry, I meant entry fee.