Best defence against...

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by austyn, Jul 1, 2007.

1. austyn

austyn Yeah I know Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    i was just wondering wats the best thing to do when your fighting some who doubles up their jabs and steps into them kinda pushing u bak.

1. Would i move to the side?
    2. Move my head?

Post comments plz

2. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Member Full Member

May 20, 2007
    slip or catch and slide behind your own jab, makes his second jab irrellivent and leaves him open especialy if he is slow in reeling his jab back in. Never step straight back, componds the effect of a right hand he might throw.

3. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Stepping straight back has bad effects.. I learned the hard way a month ago. Slip or catch jab back slip second if it comes then left hook. Do not step straight back or lean back to much.. Better to move to the side or pivot..

4. austyn

Jun 10, 2007
    so wen he first steps in for the first jab take 1 step bak and on the second slip it and hook?? oor parry the first dodge second then hook??....

5. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    **** taking a step back.. Catch the first one or slip it.. Or better yet wait until you are sure he is going to throw his.. then throw yours faster.

6. chinachin_76

chinachin_76 Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

Dodge them if your quick enough, otherwise be on your feet ready to move.

7. austyn

Jun 10, 2007
    ite thnx pplz... any more ideas just keep em comin

8. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Member Full Member

May 20, 2007
    Get with somebody and just simulate the double jab. Practice slipping one catching the second and sliding behind your own jab and vice versa. Repeat, Repeat over and over then when you spar FORCE yourself to implement what you have practiced. Hopefully it will become reflex with enough practice.

9. boxbible

boxbible Active Member Full Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Catch the first jab, then slip under the second one and simultaneously counter with your own jab. He'll run right into it.

If you're not in a position to counter with your own jab, then just step over to the right to slip the second one.