Best foreign country to go to to improve boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by pichuchu, Feb 27, 2012.

1. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Agree with all the countries suggested.
    Problem with most of them is language barrier...................
    Thinking of in 2 or so years going America and go Miami, vegas etc
    Random question but i also know that the mayweather boxing gym isnt open to the public but in your opinions would being a british Amatuer champion (ABA champ) be enough to allow them to let you train there for a while? Unfortunatly im far from being ABA champ but ITS THE DREAM

2. SenorRamirez

SenorRamirez Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2011
  3. Fitzgerald90

Fitzgerald90 Guest

I know someone who went out to mexico hes a pro here in england and he sparred marquex before the pacman fight.

4. puertorricane

puertorricane Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Cuba is the obvious choice because you will learn the technique you need to be successful they are the best technicians in the world. The problem is they dont accept foreigners to come and train with their boxers unless it is with an agreement between both countries boxing federation.

If you are a middleweight or above eastern european countries have lots of good fighters on those weight classes while latin countries dont and the US doesnt teach the fundamentals that much. But if you are a weight lower than that then come to PR. There are around 20 gyms about an hour of each other with around 100 professional and top amateur fighters. You will get to spar and train with high level fighters and that's the basic to get better good sparring with top fighters. Plus in PR english is spoken by a lot of people here.

:hat

5. Fitzgerald90

Fitzgerald90 Guest

you dont wont to go to,too many different countries as you want to find one style that works for you as a fighter you dont want to become a jack of all trades master of none LOL

6. lfcirishdog

lfcirishdog Member Full Member

Apr 16, 2011
    I heard thailands very good but mainly kickboxing I think. But I'm sure going anywhere different to train and have a bit of a holiday too would be good.

7. cheech

cheech Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2007
    The problem with these countries you listed has to do with nationalism. The coaches are competetive abed a lot of them don't like foreigners.

8. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    mayweathers gym is open to the public. its pretty cheap too from what i hear

9. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    :hey

aiming for next summer

viva la havana amigo

10. lefty

lefty Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Cuban boxing is dead, that style is gone now.

11. Bogotazo

Bogotazo Amateur Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    It can't be "dead", unless the trainers all disappeared. What do you attribute to the decline?

12. Scottishbox10

Scottishbox10 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
  13. Scottishbox10

Nov 5, 2010
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGk9tsia6OQ[/ame]

14. Scottishbox10

Nov 5, 2010
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-zyO8jfsnc[/ame]

15. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    True im just planning on picking stuff up from everywhere and making my own style with what suits me