Best I Faced: Oscar De La Hoya

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    It's nonsense. I am not about to have this debate. You do realize mayweather would ALSO be younger with faster hands and more power if the fight happened back then? The fight would have been more exciting and competitive, but anyone who thinks Pacquaio would have "easily" won has an IQ below 100.

JLP1978 likes this.
  2. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Did he, Pacquaio walked away from the contract because of random drugs testing. The fight was always there for Pacquaio if he wanted it.

Bob Arum also wanted to take a big chunk or the pie and underpay the boxers. Pacquaio made no effort to face Mayweather

boxingjunky likes this.
  3. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    True, and with the exception of Whitaker and Chavez, they were all at or near their best when he fought them.

Bokaj likes this.
  4. CharlesBurley

Feb 23, 2020
    Given what Marquez did to Pacquaio on 4 occasions, it is pretty outragous

boxingjunky likes this.
  5. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    What about what Pacquiao did to De la Hoya compared to Floyd’s difficulties or Manny’s destruction of Hatton which Floyd couldn’t emulate. Manny also beat Cotto more impressively than Floyd.

Boxing doesn’t work as simple as you’re suggesting.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  6. CharlesBurley

Feb 23, 2020
    Where was Pacquaio's confidence? Pacquaio was offered several contracts for the fight and both he and Arum turned them down

7. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    The only fact here is that you must have an IQ below 100 derailing this thread into another ****ing mayweather ducked pacquiao discussion. Your boy lost. Get over it.

8. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    This overview from DelaHoya is more reasonable than most former fighters. My only quarrel with it is the power department. Tito was hitting plenty hard and Oscar felt him enough to make that late fight decision. I don't think Oscar can be honest about that night.
    He lost alot of fans that night.

9. CharlesBurley

Feb 23, 2020
    And if Pacquaio accepts random drug testing it happens in 2010. Pacquaio pulled out, not Floyd

Anyway when it happened Mayweather beat him easily