Best P4P fighter in any combat sport

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Dostoevsky, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    He just has so many questionable gift decisions.

IMO, He lost against Rodrigo Nogueira(first fight), Murilo Bustamante (2nd fight) Carlos Newton and Murilo Rua.
    ManyMany of his fights have been very close.
    he gets a good win over a sick Wanderlei and is now hailed as a p4p god!
    No way.

2. Dostoevsky

Jun 17, 2007
    Hell no...you're WAYY wrong!
    Especially about the Bustamante fight, Bustamante whupped him for 14:30 minutes, and then for 30 seconds Hendo does well, and gets the decision?
    Who gives a **** if he has 2 belts, 1 one them he got unfairly from a joke of a decision, then he got got his second belt from beating a sick Wanderlei.

He is so overrated, he has so many gift decisions, the Kondo fight could have gone against him as well.

Only reason why he won so much is probably because Pride wanted to have an American champion to allure the US market.

Bustamante should be the Pride WW champ, NOT Dan.
    Wanderlei should have pulled out of the fight with Dan while he was so sick. :nod

I fully expect Rampage to beat the utter crap out of him come September.
    Henderson is the MMA version of Byrd for getting gift decisions.:nod

3. Dostoevsky

Jun 17, 2007
    Oh yeah, Ninja beat Henderson!
    Ok, Hendo hurt Ninja in the 3rd round but Ninja took him down at will and outwrestled him all night!
    Ninja got shafted in that decision just like he did against Rampage :twisted:

4. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Most of Floyds fights have been 10 or 12 rounders, most Thai fighters are 3 rounders.

5. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Busta lost that fight, Dan was much closer to finishing it, and that was the determining factor, same with Ninja, that is how Pride was scored.

And even if all your bull**** was true, he is still the #1 185er in the world, still beat Wanderleis ass for 3 rounds before knocking him cold, and still is a top guy at 205, therefore he deserves mention when talking about pfp best, at least in MMA.

6. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    As much as i hate to admit it. Win is a Win. You might disagree with the decision that was made but that doesn't mean others do. Just because he didn't finish or dominate the whole fight doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the W. If you watch Olympic or even college wrestling you'll almost never see any pins. Cause at such levels what determines the W or L are very very subtle things, such as aggression.

He is not p4p god by any means but he's not a nobody when it comes to p4p either.

7. werety

werety Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    I dont really know how ramon dekkers would fare against baukaw. I mean he lost to a green, 18 year old sakmongkol ( dont know if i spelled that right) who proved that dekker's clinch game was really weak and that his rythm could be broken with an effective hand and foot jab (teep.) I think dekkers would actually stand a better chance in k-1 than in muay thai against baukaw who still has an awesome muay thai clinch game even though he fights in k-1.

8. werety

werety Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    And for the best p4p fighter in any combat sport how about samart payakaroon. He was a boxing champion until he was beaten by jeff fenech, no shame in that and he is considered by many to be the greatest muay thai fighter of all time. Being a world champion boxer and being called the greatest muay thai fighter by someone like jongsanan fairtex is pretty impressive to me.