Best promotion?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JSpizz, Sep 23, 2021.

Best promotion

1. PBC

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Matchroom

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  3. Top Rank

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Golden Boy

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    What side of the street does it best?

2. sasto

sasto Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    PBC has never been great about keeping their top names accurate on a regular schedule, but it's gotten way out of hand since last year.

It's hard to name one of their top guys who have fought twice or more since then. The Charlos have, Tank has, but not Wilder, Ruiz, Spence, Porter, any Garcia, GRJ, Broner if we can count him, LSC, etc.

It's unfortunate since they have some talent and the production quality is as good as you can get in this weak era.

3. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Eddie Hearn is the best promoter today

by a country mile

4. Salty Dog

Salty Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I didn't vote. None of them seem able to put together a reasonable percentage of the potentially great fights out there, but it does seem like you get the best bang for your buck with DAZN.

JSpizz likes this.
  5. JSpizz

JSpizz Jay Spizz. Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Very interesting results, I was definitely expecting Top Rank to be the most popular.

Personally I like Matchroom/Dazn they have enough programing that there is basically something new to watch daily, and although they don't have top fights EVERY week, seems like they have at least 1 big fight a month and fill the rest of the time with fair fights. Also their classic fight Library is pretty good aswell.
    I know your paying a subscription, but it does feel like you get PPV level fights for free when they happen.

6. StiffJeb

StiffJeb Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2021
    Matchroom, particularly Hearn, almost undeniably. They're the mad men of boxing. The influence their fiction has had over boxing in the past five years or so particularly has been absurd.
    Most of their fighters are just sells, with resum├ęs that are sells, and yet they get top rankings and extreme amounts of popularity and believers.
    Bear in mind the earliest big fight (I remember) Hearn was involved in was Haye-Harrison, really painted a picture of what was to come.

7. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Matchroom by far
    Eddie is amazing at his job
    You can hate him all you want but hes the most likeable and passionate promoter in boxing

JSpizz likes this.
  8. drenlou

drenlou The Real KING OF THE HILL! Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Matchroom is putting on some good shows. But so is PBC, TOP RANK, GOLDEN BOY ECT. Whos putting on more high profile fights though, is the question?

9. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I voted top rank solely for putting Teo vs Loma on ESPN instead of ppv during the pandemic. Thought that was pretty classy.

That said, Arum seems pretty checked out and high all the time.

Salty Dog likes this.
  10. the commentator

the commentator Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 26, 2011