Best time to do your roadwork?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by pichuchu, Nov 1, 2011.

1. puertorricane

puertorricane Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2010
    what is your training routine and how do you train to get into shape for fights

:hat

2. puertorricane

Jan 25, 2010
    lol when did i say that running helps you with your boxing, i've said that running is part of a boxers training.. to get into shape for fights boxers use all type of running.. from long distance to 400 meter intervals and sprint repetitions you keep saying that you can get ready for a championship fight without any running at all well i disagree... once a boxers reaches a fitness level that he thinks is optimal for a fight he can cut down his running and maintain it by doing other things but he wont reach the level required without running

3. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    If you want to believe that go ahead.

4. puertorricane

Jan 25, 2010
    is the truth so you go ahead and believe what you want at least i have experience in the subject you are just making stuff up

going by what you're saying no athlete needs to use running as part of their training regiment except track athletes

5. Johnboy2007

Johnboy2007 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 21, 2007
    well considering this was about roadwork and iv just seen youve changed your oppinion now to including sprints, so any running at all then yes i guess i do run but i dont need long steady roadwork which was the original argument!.

this is My training that keeps me ticking over until i need to up it

Day 1
    Circuits

Day 2

Lifting And boxing

Day 3

Interval Work

Day 4

Lifting and boxing

Day 5

Sprints

Day 6

Bike or Swim (optional)

Each session is intense non stop for an hour and a half or so. For most of these sessions my heart rate is above normal levels for that entire work (sustained period of time) out thats your cardio with spikes of anaerobic work. If you want details of everything i do in these sessions i could post it but it will take a fair bit of time.

Now whats your training considering youve decided to make this a how bigs your **** contest :****

6. Johnboy2007

May 21, 2007
    it looks really interesting! i hope i get to use on one day!:thumbsup

7. scrap

scrap Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Johnboy, its Stressful to the Muscles, but not to the CNS :good

8. Johnboy2007

May 21, 2007
    from my limited knowledge thats the ultimate goal isnt it? excitiing times! :D

9. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    A Funny, people who have used it remark, you dont realize what it is, until youre on it, then get off. :yep

10. KillEmAll

KillEmAll Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Telling me what would be "better" sounds like discredit to me, but If you really have tried and it didn't work for you then fair enough.

For me running in the morning does not negatively affect performance. I personally love to follow running with various shadow boxing and footwork drills. While eating my breakfast I'm already in a good sharp frame of mind for the day and thinking about my training later.

11. KillEmAll

KillEmAll Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Easy words to type - nice way to avoid the fact that you can't admit neither of us are wrong

12. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    What? I can't admit the fact you're wrong? I've already said you're wrong, Wicksy has also.

I've told puertorricane about 15 times I don't agree with him that running is a requirement for boxing. I have no clue what you're talking about not being able to admit you're wrong?

Are you reading these posts or what?

13. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    One great thing about Jogging, which has been overlooked. Is giving the Tensor Fascia Lata, the correct Biomechanical workout for Boxing. Plus everything that works of it, gets the same Feel, very important.

14. thehook13

thehook13 Active Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Id love to get some world champs here. I briefly(because its a dumb question) asked a mate who is a current alphabet title champ why he runs. He basically said it strengthen his legs, increases cardio and stamina, strengthens heart and mind

He mixes up training but running is the key exercise

15. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I like chicken, I like liver