Best Unknown Unitied Kingdom HW prospect?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by destruction, Dec 2, 2019.

1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    According to boxrec HW rankings there are the following who are moving up to either European or world level:

5. Joe Joyce 10-0
    8. Daniel Dubois 13-0
    10. Nathan Gorman 16-1

They are all known prospects.

Out of the following who is the best prospect from the unknown?

12. Fabio Wardley 8-0
    16. Mark Bennett 5-0
    22. Ryan Charles 7-0
    23. Jonathan Palata 7-0

Or is there a current Olympian/World championship amateur HW boxer who is poised to become the next hot prospect? Can you nominate someone?

2. PatCash

PatCash Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    All the unknown prospects you've listed are fairly terrible and won't get past english level however Fabio Wardley has the potential to be British/Euro Level. Anyone know when Frazer Clarke is turning pro I imagine he'll be the next British HW prospect

3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Alen 'the savage' babic although don't know how far he will get lol

4. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Aside from Dubois it's thoroughly depressing.

Scissors, Clarence Gianni and Aydamn like this.
  5. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Martin Bakole is said to be the real deal from many people who know of him and seen him spar etc. He's not British but is fighting out of here through Billy Nelson.

Jurgen, Aydamn and hammertime like this.
  6. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    An unknown prospect, is an oxymoron. By definition the prospect has been seen, thus cannot be unknown!

But to not take things too literally, I am with PatCash, from the little I hear, none of those listed seem to have too much potential. But knowing my picks and judgments, this post will comeback to haunt me!

Jamzy ⭐, PatCash and Aydamn like this.
  7. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Well the good news is GORMAN has finally been taken down a few pegs... JEEZ

Remember all the groupie love on here for GORMAN .... SMH

Mitch87 and Clarence Gianni like this.
  8. Always Learning

Always Learning New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Surely there's a young big good traveller/gypsy boxer coming up at heavyweight.?

9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    There’s always big travellers coming up but the truth is, they tend to be nothing more than fat brawlers who lack the discipline required. For a self proclaimed race of fighting men, why so few world champions?

Aydamn likes this.
  10. Always Learning

Always Learning New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    You're probably trolling but I disagree - they are true fighting men. The discipline problem was a more of a problem in the past for them, in recent years there's been a lot more that have dedicated themselves. There's only an estimated 60,000 Irish Travellers living in the UK, remember, For their tiny numbers they do brilliant in boxing.

Tyson Fury, Billy Joe Saunders, Andy Lee
    (& Henry Wharton arguably the best ever brit not to win a world title, and I thought Hughie Fury/ deserved the victory against Parker)

Dennis Mcann, Willy Hutchinson, Hopey Price, Charles Frankham, Joe Ward, John Joe Nevin etc are among the best prospects coming up from Britain and Ireland. There's bound to be many more future traveller world champions.

Furey likes this.
  11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    My understanding of it is that it’s part of their culture to start earning money for the family asap, so many give up the amateur game in their teens to go to work & provide.

12. PatCash

PatCash Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    There's Lucian Atana but don't know what to make of him, stopped the durable Phil Williams in one round recently

13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Frazer Clarke looks to be very promising. A great amateur career. He needs to turn pro sharpish as he is 28 years old now.

PatCash likes this.
  14. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    They have suffered discrimination for hundreds of years. A lot will simply give up or go into a trade after getting the door slammed in their face repeatedly. An exert from Andy Lee's book is when Lee goes to train with Booth and after a few weeks they are getting on great together, Lee said they are in the ring doing pads talking and Booth said to Lee "I would never train a gypsy" Lee stops and say's "Adam, do you know i'm a Gypsy?". Apparently Booth dropped his kegs and had to backtrack rapidly but Lee took it with a pinch of salt. That's just an example of the sort of thing that goes on. Had Booth known before I bet he would have never allowed Andy into his gym in the first place and they would never have won a world title together. In the end Lee was living with Booth' family at his home.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  15. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    From what I have heard he will be signing with Matchroom after the olympics as he knows he has much better value if he medals which he’s confident of doing.

there’s also another amateurs in Solomon Dacres that looks like he could have a decent career