Beterbiev: Barrera or Gvozdyk are possible opponents for my next fight!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 19, 2017.

1. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Beterbiev is offering a fight to Barerra and if he declines then Gvozdyk. As some of you know I'm not as sold on Beterbiev as a lot of you guys but if he beats either man especially Gvozdyk I will be a believer.

if he doesn't KO them then I can see them out pointing him. Hope these fights happen so we see these prospects/contenders prove who's the real deal.

Thoughts!

2. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Good fights. Favoring Beterbiev in both matches. Apparently his promoters want to keep him busy in the beginning/end of the year since he won't be fighting in the summer so he could very well fight both of them this year.

3. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Too early to give any thought to it, they may end up ducking him.

Iron Gassiev likes this.
  4. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Gvozdyk fights in March vs Gonzalez, so he wouldn't face Beterbiev before June/July at the earliest. The other thing is that he is the next mandatory to Stevenson. As much as I'd like to see Gvozdyk-Beterbiev, it would not be a good career move for Gvozdyk to risk it against Beterbiev ...

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  5. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015

This could be the pattern to Beterbiev's career for a while, President of the 'Who Needs him' club. The ultimate high risk/low reward fighter....

Iron Gassiev, kirk and KiwiMan like this.
  6. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

I think that Barerra will accept the offer.

7. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I hope so!

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  8. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I suppose it's hard to be sold or not re Beterbiev as his fights so far are over so quick,he really needs to fight three times a year minimum

kirk likes this.
  9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Gvozdyk vs yunieski Gonzalez? If he has a fight I would begrudge him turning it down but no reason why Barerra has to since I don't see Pascal fighting him.

KiwiMan likes this.
  10. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Yeah definitly he's ending them quick, and his power is hurting these guy so much he hasn't had to display other skill set. At least you see what I'm talking about, whereas some guys just call me a hater off the bat. He needs to get active hopefully Barerra takes this fight.

11. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I hate this bull**** high risk low reward stuff, if someone beats this guy they shoot up the ranking and have given there chance of winning a title a big boost.

12. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Hope the Barrera fight happens.
    Beterbiev will waste him I believe

13. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Oh yeah totally I heard a good quote the other day about how a lot of boxing fans seem to have zero perspective when talking about their fav boxers,I mean what you say is totally right in that we have history to show us that power is great but as Lennox once said there'll come a time where he meets an opponent who'll handle his power it's one of the thing mentioned re AJ?
    L

14. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    As fans, yes it's frustrating. But to fighters, boxing is their job, their sole way of earning a living with typically a relatively short window to do so. I think if we were pro boxers, we would understand why taking a fight with high sporting risk for low financial reward would not be considered a wise move.

15. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Your right it is their job but as a fan I have to think of it as a fan rather than some guys who become accountants and promoters and all this extra stuff.

To be fair there are times when the risk is worth the reward like fighting GGG and guys still didn't take the fight, e.g Eubanks and Saunders.

KiwiMan likes this.