Beterbiev calls out Adonis Stevenson for unification bout

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by radupidu, Nov 14, 2017.

1. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    This guy is almost 33 with 300 amateur fights, those guys you listed where in their 20s. If he ain't ready by now...

Butch Coolidge likes this.
  2. radupidu

radupidu Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    1. Its been business only for Adonis since he won the belt

2. Adonis is NOT a large gate in QC. He s the least popular fighter in QC. His fight with Fonfara was held in Montreal and had a solid undercard with Pascal vs Eleider Alvarez, yet he didnt sell more tickets than Bute vs Alvarez that was held in much smaller market QC City and had no undercard. The gate was 7000 for both shows.

Adonis , like many others under Haymon is getting FREE MONEY. He doesnt have to work to earn anything, thats why he fights so rarely. If he had to work to be an earner than you'd see him fight more regularly and he'd have to take tougher fights.

Adonis isnt a fraud, he's a good fighter, but he's doesnt sell, and will never sell.

My source for the OP was Journal de Montreal and at the bottom of that page ALL the comments were against Adonis and everyone said unanimously that he will never fight Beterbiev

He's not respected at all in QC

3. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I love this fight.

Not read the comments, just hope there's no idiots saying the fight isn't big enough yet

4. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    lol Stevenson would rather vacate then fight berby

Bustajay likes this.
  5. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Of course. He's from the Mayweather/Ward school of soft knocks

Cowardly piece of ****. Froch should have battered him on the cobbles

iii likes this.
  6. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    he will destroy Stevenson lol..no way Stevenson get sin the ring with him.

7. technocrato

technocrato Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Anyone not name Bivol.

Robney and radupidu like this.
  8. scorecard12

scorecard12 Member banned Full Member

Jul 4, 2017
    Beterbiev doesn't have a quebec fan base really. But, Stevenson does. it's not nearly the level of Butes title run which was getting at least 16k sometimes 20k fans. Stevenson has sold 10k tickets multi times and vs Fonfara rematch even sold a lot of tickets for what is a BS fight that only dumb people though fonfara would "win easily"

9. scorecard12

Jul 4, 2017
    He means that michel wouldnt let Alvarez fight to beterbiev

10. scorecard12

Jul 4, 2017
    He's defence is actually pretty good when he isnt in bezerker mode. and he's in bezerker mode on the inside where Stevenson is almost as weak as Kovalev. and I know people here have argued with me that Stevenson inside work isnt like kovalevs and it's much better, it's still far from stevenson strong point, and stevenson has fought 5 rounds in the last 2 years.

11. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Both fight out of Canada and would be a big fight there make it happen.

Caper and Drew101 like this.
  12. scorecard12

Jul 4, 2017
    Least popular in the sense out of Pascal and Bute, and Stevenson. compare how other popular boxers are doing and he is both getting paid really well and selling a decent amount of tickets.
    Considering his talent which people will deny he has any. he's not doing THAT great but for boxing his numbers are really good.

and I left out lemieux name who also sells better. but there was a show that was on tva recently, where only 1500 people attended I'd say that's pretty bad.

13. radupidu

Apr 17, 2010
    Yea I know what he meant because Beterbiev sued GYM but like I said with Haymon fighters the promoter has his hands tied. They collect and thats it

14. radupidu

Apr 17, 2010
    Yea from the big 3 Adonis is the least popular.

Lemieux sells even less, I think people in La Belle Province are not that high on him after his losses against Rubio and Alcine. But David is young and if he beats BJS who knows maybe he'll become a big draw.

Alvarez is dissregarded by Haymon. Not by Michel

Remember Haymon didnt give him a TV date for his fight against Bute. And that was an eliminator.

And Michel wasnt happy at all about that, even cried for his promoter independece back at the press conference before that fight. He said he'd wish to be able to negocitiate tv deals himself like he used. Too late mofo, you were happy at first when you we re collecting cheques and doing nothing
    It didnt make waves because it was in french media but you can bet Haymon heard about it.

Fast forward a couple months and his crown jewell Beterbiev tries to brake from him, his motives not being major motives at all .

You can be sure Artur did that with Uncle's Al blessing and that was the "advisors" slap on wrist for Michel.

I guess if you wanna swim with the sharks you gotta be ready lol

15. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004