Beterbiev v Bivol..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Liquorice, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Why would Clenelo, all 180lb + of juiced up 'Mexican meat' of him, fight Beterbiev when he already beat ''the best LHW in the world'' in Sergey Shotalev? :lol: Even a match up against Beterbiev wouldn't be the David vs Goliath lie GB sold Clenelo's doe-eyed clueless teenybopper casual fanbase when he ''jumped up 2 divisions'' to take on someone who weighed about the same as him and is about the same dimensions as his MW foe Danny Jacobs. Height, weight, reach etc. Shotalev and Jacobs are about the same. Clen vs Beterbiev is not like a Loma fighting at 135 David vs Goliath scenario, not even close in fact.

2. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Really? Yes he got in there with a very shot past prime Kovalev. He would have never got in the ring with a prime Kovalev.

UniversalPart likes this.
  3. pepsiclassic

pepsiclassic Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2019
    it all depends how BIVOL fights on the inside or avoids the inside. mid way through the gvosdyk/beterbiev fight I saw gvosdyk shoving beterbiev to keep him away. that's like a kid on xbox live telling you to stop doing something in a game. you know it's working so why stop.

It's hard to really say because the pressure can get to bivol, he can slow down. it's a very interesting fight that is winnable for either. bivol needs to win the 4 of the first 6 rounds to win this in my honest opinion.

4. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    This is the best fight for boxing right now

5. silencio

silencio Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2013
    "A good BIG 'un beats a small good 'un". As much as I like Bivol, he'll be severely outclassed. Beterbeast by TKO.