Beterbieve TOO STIFF/ROBOTIC for Canelo... Canelo beats him no problem...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Beterbiev isn't 4-3 in his last 7 fights (granted one of those losses was a robbery), who has been stopped in 2 of those losses by relatively light punchers, and came within a whisker of losing his last fight by stoppage to a guy whose best win prior till then was a 39 y/0 shot career SMW who was bang average down at that weight even when in his prime.

Beterbiev is a big freakishly strong and powerful LHW with a a 15 round engine, not one who weighs about as much as your average SMW these days.

Beterbiev is an absolute wrecking machine, this way past his best drunkard version of Kovalev has only managed to drop and really hurt one opponent in his last six fights due to his power which has clearly diminished and that was Shabranskyy who has shaky whiskers.

Kovalev couldn't drop or hurt Ward in their rematch after wobbling him down to his soul with a jab and dropping him in a praying position with a right hand in their first encounter.

He couldn't badly hurt or drop Mikhalkin.

He couldn't drop or hurt Alvarez in either of their fights (19 rounds of combined action)

And he couldn't hurt or drop Yarde until the later ran out of gas.

Prime Kovalev hurt, dropped, or brutally stopped almost everyone who shared a ring with him (including some of the most iron-jawed toughest SOBs out there) and there's no goddamn way in hell any of those fighter's don't get badly hurt, last as long as they did, or their backs don't taste the canvas against a prime Kovalev or against Beterbiev who would brutally stop them all.

Alvarez KO'd this way past his best version of Kovalev

Alvarez and Beterbiev share a bunch of common opponents in the pros

Alvarez

WUD10 Johnson
    WUD8 Saunders
    WUD4 Alvarez
    WUD12 Prieto

Beterbiev

WTKO7 Johnson
    WRTD3 Saunders
    WTKO1 Alvarez
    WTKO1 Prieto

Prieto hurt Alvarez about 3 times, once very badly, and gave him a real hard fight. This Kovalev couldn't hurt Alvarez once in 19 rounds of action

Beterbiev vs Prieto

This content is protected

DoubleJab666, twopiece, CST80 and 2 others like this.
  2. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Beterbiev is tailor made for Ward. He either 120-108s him or more likely stops him late rounds.

3. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

come on lance explain your breakdown , you are just like other posters in here that just get on talking **** and dont debate or even breakdown anything just like @iii and @FloatingGhost you give no breakdown or logic no evidence or idea lance. you just talk **** and dont debate , you are good for nothing on this site

at least @Pakkuman provides a breakdown , evidence , logic and is debates head on lance

you just talk **** and dont even try to debate

like i said due to canelo speed and ring IQ along with his movement and beterbiev , being slow , he ( canelo )would look good for at least 5 - 6 Rounds until beterbiev catches up to him and crushes his skull

4. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I don't TRY to debate ******* trolls like you. Why don't you just go play house w/ Incel like you love to do...

iii likes this.
  5. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

you cant debate me because you got nothing up your sleeve to debate me with lance

6. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Beterbiev's TOO big, too strong. It would be one thing is Canelo brought his power up with him. But unless Canelo had enough oomph to dissuade Ab from walking through everything, doesn't bode well.

CST80 and Odins beard like this.
  7. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    The way Artur turns to look directly at Prieto in the clinch before unleashing hell on him gets me every time lol

Serge likes this.
  8. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I like the expression of utter confusion that's etched across Prieto's face after Artur drops him for the first time. It was a ''WTF Just happened!?'' look. ''Did I really just get hit that hard?'' lol

Prieto was a tough, proud SOB and he obviously wasn't used to coming off second best, let alone being blasted out in a round. Hence why he was mean mugging Beterbiev and wanted to go again after he'd just been wrecked lol. Mean mugging Artur of all people :risas3:

twopiece and Beouche like this.
  9. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Aren't you the guy that said Marco Antonio Rubio would KO triple G?! :lol:

10. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Has anybody noticed that most of Canelos best opponents were/are all on the wrong side of 35 (or thereabouts) when he fought them?! Floyd, GGG, Mosley, Kovalev, Cotto.. telling..

11. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

fcb1068, CST80, Heavy_Hitter and 2 others like this.
  12. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    :lol: it's one of those fights that cracks me up for some reason. Prieto's face after the first gunshot KD. The second pause before the final onslaught, Prieto flopping all over the place, the English commentator's politely shocked "my goodness me", and the way Prieto tries to get up semi conscious and falls back down in a twisted heap. And yes the mean mugging at the end of all that! Its 4 minutes of comedy!

Serge likes this.
  13. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Beterbiev might kill him.

CST80 likes this.
  14. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: Yes. Artur was genuinely amused by his mean mugging

Beouche likes this.
  15. Dance84