Better All Around Fighter: Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by reznick, May 18, 2017.

Better All Around Fighter?

1. Riddick Bowe

70.0%
  2. Vitali Klitschko

30.0%
  1. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    What does prime, iron chinned , supremely conditioned Coetzer got to do with old , out of shape , weak jawed Sanders?

There's no 'if' anything. . Sanders had a weak chin and no defence. He wouldn't do nothing to Bowe except get completely steamrolled by him. The Bowe right hand would not miss Sanders , God forbid to think what happens when they meet up close.

What Bowe would do to the Sanders who fought Vtali doesn't even bare thinking about.

ticar likes this.
  2. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    There's a difference between Sanders deeming Vitali awkward and difficult to hit and Vitali having brought on a "defensive mindset".

Difficult to hit compared to what? Difficult to hit, why? Might this have had anything to do with Sanders being inactive, out of shape, gassed and sluggish - just maybe?

As I pointed out initially, even in his poor condition, Sanders was able to reach Vitali. Nothing particularly contradictory or controversial in this.

You can laugh all you like. Even Rahman got Sanders out of there in 7 rounds, when Sanders was 4 years younger...

What part of Sanders being 38, inactive and out of shape do you not understand?

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Sanders had put on10lbs of lard since his last fight a year earlier with Wlad.

Man_Machine likes this.
  4. Man_Machine

Jun 9, 2010
    And didn't it just show?
    But, that's what a year of inactivity and a lack of prep can do for you.

mcvey likes this.
  5. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Ummm, uuuhhhh, gosh well let's see:

Vitali Klitschko KO's 87% - Sanders got TKO'd in the 8th and he was still firing back.
    Bowe KO's 73% - Coetzer got TKO'd in the 7th thanks to low blows and he ate everything Bowe could fling at him.

Point being that not only was Sanders way, way more dangerous than Coetzer offensively, but that his chin was not weak and even the fat over the hill version would have hung with Bowe no problem.

What would have happened is that Bowe would have thrown one of his sloppy-ass haymakers, Sanders would have landed a left straight missile on the button, and Bowe would have got shook to pieces by Sanders' finishing barrage.

If Bowe thought Golota hit hard, Sanders would have retired him.

6. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Guess we differ in opinion then.

And yet, Sanders managed to land just fine in the first :eusa_whistle:

So what you're saying is that Sanders was gassed at the start of the second round. That's what you're saying, right?

How many times is this going to have to be posted?

"I also have a spoft spot for South African heavyweight Corrie Sanders even though he came unstuck against Hasim Rahman. Sanders, who also plays rugby, had a damaged knee that later required an operation and he should have pulled out of the fight. Nevertheless he knocked Rahman down twice and round six of the fight was voted the single best round of the year"

https://books.google.co.za/books?id...esc=y#v=onepage&q=sanders rahman knee&f=false

"Sanders tells a different story. "I'm not looking to make excuses", he says, "but everybody knows that a knee injury prevented me from doing sufficient roadwork leading up to the fight, and after five rounds it showed". "I could have finished him off if I hadn't thrown my 'load' in the first four rounds. As it was, he never knocked me out. I simply ran out of gas.""

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/boxing/corrie-happy-to-bet-rahman-will-go-in-three-491710

7. Man_Machine

Jun 9, 2010
    No surprise there. I'm hoping I can find a credible corroboration of the idea that Vitali brought on a "defensive mindset", after round-1, having realized his 38 year-old, inactive and out-of-shape opponent posed an offensive threat to him.

And, just fine in subsequent rounds.

No. (but, not that long, afterwards)

I don't know. Does it matter?
    It was Rahman. Do you think Bowe, on his best night, isn't significantly beyond the level of Rahman?

8. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Not like in the first and not as I've seen Sanders lad against other people.

Rahman at his best could bundle Bowe outta there. If Lewis isn't beyond Hasim then neither is Bowe.

9. Man_Machine

Jun 9, 2010
    :lol: I wondered how long it would take you to get there.

Not long, at all. :shakehead:

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  10. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    It is clear that Vitali does not have a strong resume. His best victory was probably Peter.

Bowe also does not have a strong resume. Yet he has a win over a prime ATG Heayvweight in Holyfield. Vitali on the other side has a loss against a past prime fat ATG in Lewis.

Now this only relates to resume. Vitali has more longevitiy.

mcvey likes this.
  11. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Jesse Ferguson was a better boxer and is a better win than Sam Peter.

Bowe KO2 Ferguson.

ticar likes this.
  12. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Amazing how overrated a dirty fighting, binge-eating, ducking, arrogant cherrypicker like Bowe is around here :thinking:

Rahman at his best was pretty damn good and he fought the who's who of boxing. He never shrunk from any challenge, and against Sanders he took shots that made the sweat spray off the back of his head like an erupting volcano, and he kept going. Respect to this dude.

Bowe beat Holyfield and um, ummmm, uh ... 2 x DQ wins vs Golota that saw him get pasted so badly that he ended his career? Wow, colour me impressed. I'm wondering if Ali could beat him ... probably not, due to the "infighting" that Ali couldn't do :rolleyes:

The Long Count likes this.
  13. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    :wanker

Edit: Jesse Ferguson (26-18) isn't fit to carry Peter's (36-6) jockstrap. If this guy was on Wlad's trophy wall Dino would be crying every day about the "bums" that Wlad had fought with him as an example. :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    The Long Count likes this.
  14. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Vitali did not fought Rahman, who was a decent boxer but less skilled than Tubbs in my opinion.

15. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah, we've wandered way off the original topic.

Gonna end my contribution here, I think.