Better win: Fury-Klitschko or Joshua-Klitschko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Feb 9, 2024.

Which is the better win?

1. 39 year old champion Klitschko in Germany

76 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. 41 year old beltless Klitschko in UK

47 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    aj fans and their made up scenarios. I can't wait when aj gets brutally stopped again

2. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    This is the logic we're dealing with, folks.

Vlad trained just as hard, was the same level headed guy he had been for the past decade. Link me something showing that a pro athlete who was ALWAYS mentally resilient somehow had a mental breakdown, for the first time, before the Fury fight (then became the strongest he'd ever been immediately after?).

This is beyond dumb. You guys have been repeating one another for five years and a big part of robotic Anthony's resume involves some Hayden Paniterrie voodoo.

Also, getting knocked down in a fight and "battling through" doesn't make your win better. It means you almost got stopped by a 41 year old.

3. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Exactly this
    Wlad threw less volume because he wasn't able. Fury trash talked the hell out of Wlad the whole build up

Wlad was plenty motivated, he just was up against someone bigger than him who was awkward and had an elusive style to make Wlad tentative

Yes Aj has the power and some explosiveness, but his style is way more basic. Wlad when he turned it on couldn't miss Joshua

A 39 year old unbeaten champion on home soil is better than a 41 year inactive former champ fighting on away soil

Mickc likes this.
  4. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Can't answer fairly, I like most fell asleep in the fury klit fight

5. BlackDog

BlackDog Active Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2023
    Actually Yes. He dont have personal problems on this level.
    Wład was free spirit. He bang one nice chick after another. Dont want to be father.
    When he became dad then he must stay with his daughter alone because his girlfriend freak out and being alcoholic and drug user.

Thats can cost You good prepereation and even Fury understand that because he got problem on same level prev third fight with Wilder and he almost lost.

But nobody told that private problem was main reason.
    It was 5%
    But there was more.

People talking how Wład cant catch Fury

Everybody catch Fury but i'm Wład fight he was such a genius.
    Wilder catch him. Cunn catch him. 0-0-0 guy catch him. Abell catch him. Wallin catch him.

But in Wład fight he was genius.

He was better. But stop thinking that Wlad cant do nothing ever because he want that reematch. Fury was the one who duck this...

6. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I don't have to link anything supporting that view since I never said it to begin with, you gibbering buffoon.

Try responding to the correct posters next time.

Battling back from adversity (against a legend of the sport and one of the hardest punchers in history) is always going to be a more meaningful and memorable win than spoiling your way to a points win while hardly throwing a punch. No one remembers (or cares to remember) the Holyfield Ruiz trilogy, while everyone reveres the Holyfield Bowe trilogy. People want to see heart and guts, not tricks and mindgames. What's Fury's defining moment in his career?

7. Cojimar 1946

Cojimar 1946 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2014
    It's easy to avoid stoppage losses when you duck good opponents. You can't stop someone who won't fight you.

I suspect if AJ loses by stoppage it will be to someone Fury for whatever reason managed to avoid fighting. If Hrgovic/Zhang/Jalolov do stop AJ though then people might start to wonder why Fury didn't face any of them. The longer you fight and the more good opponents you face the greater the likliehood of brutal stoppage losses.

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Did fury pop
    Was vlad misuse in a mental state of decline
    Was vlad practically a single father at this point
    Was vlad excepting a shot at redemption
    Did vlad pop
    Does furys mental health matter
    Remember when the challenger was not prepared to come out if his demands weren't met
    Remember him being stitched up when he seen the size of ustinov and walking off
    Remember him telling us how easy it is to make fight
    Ie wilder one
    Always the victim though

9. Slyk

Dec 5, 2010
    You're going on about Vlad being in "a better headspace" and making assumptions about how a pro fighters "headspace" drastically affected his performance. Link me something supporting this, or are you referencing some sort of Hayden Paniterrie voodoo? Practice your reading comprehension. Maybe you don't understand you're regurgitating the same sad line as the rest of the armchair psychologists.

This is about which is the BETTER win, not the more memorable. From what you've written you seem to thing Gatti-Ward is a BETTER win than something like Floyd over Marquez. Greatness doesn't always involve a slugfest. There are plenty of historically significant fights where one fighter is narrowly outboxing the other. If all you're concerned with is heart and guts, check out BKFC it may be more up your alley.

Defeating a 4-1 favorite, defacto undisputed champ, p4p #2 by a WIDE points decision in that fighters home town is a defining moment, buffoon.

AdamT likes this.
  10. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    You’re saying that a fight at 147lbs, that no one asked for, consisting of a younger, taller, longer, faster, stronger, undefeated fighter with minimal wear tear, who had fought as high as 154, against a war-torn veteran who had only fought as high as 135 (and even then, only twice), is a better win than a fight that featured two evenly matched fighters, who had both been involved in Fights of the Year with other opponents, who would go on to engage in one of the greatest trilogies, that is still talked about today?
    And then you call one of the most intelligent, thoughtful posters on this forum a buffoon o_O:eek:

11. ikrasevic

ikrasevic For the honorable cross and the golden freedom Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    This content is protected

The percentage in the statistics has changed, but the conclusion is the same :)

12. Slyk

Dec 5, 2010
    So intelligent thinking that beating a 41 year old shot ex champ Vlad on your home turf is better than beating a 39 year old champion Vlad in his back yard. It's also a better win because the fighter who fought older Vlad got knocked down by him. What a brilliant mind. True genius. Perhaps he's writing a book on the sweet science soon.

Why do you think the majority of the forum disagrees with two "intelligent and thoughtful" posters such as yourselves? What possible reasons could they have to dispute such brilliance. They must not understand the nuance of Vlad's "headspace" like you guys do.

AdamT likes this.
  13. HistoryZero26

HistoryZero26 New Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2024
    AJs resume just got a big boost relative to Furys so I understand questioning this. But Fury beat Klitschko when he hadn't lost in a decade and AJ fought him in his last fight a signifigant amount of time after he'd lost to Fury. If you want to call Fury v Wladimir a close decision fine when was the last time Wlad had a close decision before fighting Fury? Had he ever had one? The Fury win should be valued higher we're questioning that because we're questioning Fury being better than AJ and by extension anything that we felt led us to wrongly believe Tyson was the better fighter.

This dispute boils down to how much better Wlad was in the Fury fight. That is an unanswerable question. What we do know is after losing to Fury Wladimir looked worse against Joshua then called it a career.

AdamT likes this.
  14. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    On paper Fury’s.
    Although Wlad older and rusty for Joshua he seemed much more motivated. He was very flat in the Fury fight. And desperately wanted rematch. He also looked better in Joshua bout because styles make fights I am aware of that aspect too. Joshua vs Wlad was a classic I can watch over and over. I never want to see Wlad vs Fury again

Arch Stanton likes this.
  15. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    The 41 year old version of Wlad who faced Joshua was far superior mentally and physically than the 39 year old Wlad who fought Fury

Doppleganger likes this.