Beyer-Green II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Faetter_BR, Jul 9, 2007.

1. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever Gav..

...:shock: WTF!? Oz?
    :yikes

2. Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo Yo! Molesta La Breastas! Full Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Haha i had to check that post 3 times - surely teke is hacking Oz's account :lol:

3. Kegsy

Kegsy Lights Out Full Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Green lost the fight by a couple rounds IMO.
    Came home strong, but it was too little too late.

4. teke

teke Titans Time !!! Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Oz is right on the money if you cant hurt Mundine you will get an arse whoopin. Mundine should have thrown money at Beyer when he had the chance to cause he would have easily beaten him.

5. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Feather fisted Germans are on Mundine's ignore list. :p

6. teke

teke Titans Time !!! Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    :lol::lol:

7. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    A fair few people I respect felt that Green won that fight. They were Canadians, Americans and Brits aswell so not a whole lot of bias there.

But I cant see it, Danny landed quite a few shots actually but they had nothing on them because Greeny couldnt find a home for the big ones.

Beyer turned back the clock in that fight, Back in the day he was some fighter and people forgot that. He got his head right and got in great shape, Danny had no answer for that.

8. Big Red Meat Axe

Big Red Meat Axe New Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think i had Beyer by either 1 or 2 rounds. From memory the first 4 or 5 rounds were pretty evenly contested though Beyer managed to take over for the next 4 or 5. Even when Green knocked Beyer down in the 12th I thought it would have been a shame for Beyer to lose at that point, he boxed a good, smart fight.

9. Box-on

Box-on Member Full Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Beyer took it.

10. EelsRule

EelsRule Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2006
    Beyer schooled him. Actually, I think Green was hard done by in the fact the knock down where Beyer got a count to recover was no knock down, it was a tackle. It possibly saved Beyer because Green was going to unload big time.
    And Beyer was never much good. Whatarock says Beyer was good back in his day. I just dont recall that at all. He was always just very average.

11. Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo Yo! Molesta La Breastas! Full Member

Mar 1, 2007
    he was good enough to win a proper title - something young mr mundine is yet to achieve

12. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    I saw Danny in LA a week prior to the fight and my god did he look drawn in the face. I think he probably trained "too hard" for that one. From memory he weighed in under the limit. Never a good sign for a big Super Middle.

On a different note, Muttley, brilliant avatar!

13. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Some of your best... thanks for your insight. I've seen more knowledge written on my mrs tampax wrappers.

14. ashley

ashley Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Consider how Beyer VS Green 1 went......Beyer did well to stay away from Green the second time...until the last round anyway....I thought Beyer by 2 rounds.

15. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Are you the full quid?