BF24's P4P Top 50 - Rank 1

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by asero, Mar 23, 2020.

Who is BF24's P4P #1?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2020.
  1. Canelo Alvarez

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Vasiliy Lomachenko

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Naoya Inoue

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Terence Crawford

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Aleksandr Usyk

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. asero

asero Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Since most of the world are in lockdown, i come up with this idea to determine the Top 50 P4P Boxers today. Everyday we will create a poll to determine the present ranking of active boxers.
    Day 1 we will have 5 names for initial selection and the winner of the poll will be ranked #1.
    Day 2, the remaining 4 names and an additional name will be polled to determine ranked #2
    Day 3, the remaining 4 names and an additional name will be polled to determine ranked #3

The criteria is simple, boxers qualify as long as their last bout is January 1, 2019.
    By voting, you can determine your own criteria on what accounts to be P4P elite.

Poll closes in 24 hours and you can use the comment box to put/nominate which boxer you would want to be put in the choices in the next day. We will do this until Day 50 wherein we will now have the list of 50 Greatest Boxers in the last 50 years.

Holler likes this.
  2. asero

asero Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 8, 2009
    i voted Canelo and would like to nominate GGG in to be included in the poll

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Nelo. Add Estrada.

Holler likes this.
  4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    GGG is not at Loma`s level now, time is not on his side.

5. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Has to be Canelo now. Loma and Crawford have not done anything worthwhile lately.

Pimp C likes this.
  6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Had Clenelo losing both GGG fights and losing to Trout too and I simply cannot support a fighter who only has to make it to the final bell to get their hand raised and has been given the benefit of doubt by the judges in every single close or controversial fight they've been involved in which are many. Bit like how I could never support a fighter who said no to neutral judges. Hell, the judges were even going to rob Kovalev had the shot still concussed drunk's gas tanks predictably not depleted and it had gone to the cards and if BJS 2.0 gets the gig next we all know he'll never get the decision in a million years and we do all know that.

7. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Loma is number #1.
    Canelo has too much controversy in his fights too be #1.
    Tainted meat :ohno:risas3:

Beouche, ashishwarrior and Serge like this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    First of all, how favorably or unfavorably judges judge a fighter should have nothing to do with why you should like or support a fighter. Judges judge, fighters fight. Judges are separate entities to the fighters. Their scoring should not affect your view of a fighter whatsoever. The fact that it does tells me that your priorities are out of whack.

This idea that Canelo only has to make it to the final bell and wins decision automatically just for showing up, honestly that's something that you'd expect to hear from a complete noob or casual. For whatever reason, you're just not evaluating Canelo properly. Whether you're intentionally ignoring his effectiveness in the ring, or whether you're focused on other things, whatever the case may be, you're definitely not recognizing the quality of his work whatsoever.

And in the Trout match in particular not only was Canelo winning rounds, but he knocked Trout down pretty substantially. So even if you thought Trout deserved to win 6 or 7 rounds, which is a big stretch in my view, still you'd have to overcome the knockdown which was a 10-8 round. So for you or anyone to argue Trout won that match clearly you'd have to give him at least 7 or 8 rounds. He in no way came close to winning more than a couple of rounds clearly. Serge I don't know how to help you man. You have a major agenda against Canelo and it's totally bizarre to me. Canelo has earned his victories : PERIOD. GGG was lucky to get a draw in that first Canelo match but you didn't see me crying about it. The 2nd match GGG got his ass kicked. He got lit up Mexican style. Now, sure you could concievably come up with enough rounds to argue GGG eeked that out, as you could for the first one, but Canelo in both matches clearly landed the harder more impressive more damaging shots. GGG outworked him in those middle rounds of the first match. GGG outboxed him in spurts in a couple of the rematch rounds. But Canelo was the far superior fighter both times. Living in denial serves no purpose. Please come to terms with what happened. Canelo proved that he is better than GGG both times and was deserving of both victories. Canelo is GGG's daddy, I'm sorry I know it hurts but it's what happened. Please deal with what happend rather than living in denial anymore.

9. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Manny is not P4P the best now, Loma is far better right now.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  10. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Usyk>Lara and Santa Cruz

11. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    uhhh no he lost to Carl Frampton

EvanderHolyMoly and mark ant like this.
  12. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    i wouldn't say he avenged cleanly because the second fight with Frampton was super close as well

13. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    I think where people rank Loma is that he became a 3 weight class champion in 12 fights

IN 12 Fights,... where as Santa Cruz became 3 division champion in 32 fights, i think that's what makes it impressive about Loma

14. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    come on you know that Salido fight was BS

first of all the dude didn't make weight, secondly the low blows he should of been Dq'd and he ducked a rematch

15. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    you don't make weight the fight shouldn't happen facts