Big Baby Miller will beat Anthony Joshua.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, Feb 17, 2019.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    You can quote me later on. But you heard it first in here.

So, what's the deal about the fight? I only read "easy night of work", "Miller is garbage" and such a trash talk. Why? No arguments made.

I give you my thoughts about the fight.

If there is a pattern in Joshuas resume then it is the body composition of his opponents.
    Only for the book: Big Baby Miller is 6'4 and weighed in at 315 and 317 in his last two fights. I doubt he will lose weight for the Joshua fight. I think he will pack some more pounds on, i can see him above 320 comes fight night. We'll see.
    Joshuas has only faced SMALL SIZED opponents throughout his pro career. There were two exceptions but i will come to that later on.
    Let's take a detailed look on his resume since he started fighting for titles and solid opponents:
    - Alexandr Povetkin: 6'2 and 222 lb
    - Joseph Parker: 6'4 and 236 lb
    - Carlos Takam: 6'1 and 235 lb
    - Wladimir Klitschko: 6'6 and 240 lb
    - Eric Molina: 6'4 and 237 lb
    - Dominic Breazeale: 6'7 and 255 lb
    - Charles Martin: 6'5 and 245 lb
    - Dillian Whyte 6'4 and 247 lb

So it's clear that his biggest opponent in terms of weight was Dominic Breazeale who came in at 255 lb. I won't do the maths for you all but you can see it: Big Baby Miller will likely come in 60-70 lb heavier than the heaviest opponent Joshuas has fought.

Considering Joshua himself is a big HW with a bodybuilder like body composition despite being not that heavy (245-255 lb) and an above average height (6'6) he is physically clearly(!!!) superior most of the time. There were three exceptions: Klitschko, Breazeale and Martin. Klitschko nearly stopped Joshua. He dropped him but couldn't finish the job because he was old and probably past his prime, still he was the guy who put Joshua on his ass. Klitschko is a boxer. Jab, jab, jab, straight right. He can only box his style, he is no brawler, no pressure fighter, has almost no inside game as he's a typical clincher. Breazeale is a boxer too. Breazeale wasn't pressuring Joshua with his size or even his jab, he was boxing and he got caught. Easy. Martin was the third exception. No idea if i have to write a lot about that fight. Martin probably quit before he entered the ring. He wanted the payday and he got it. Once he got caught the fight was over.

So what we've got here? Miller IS a pressure fighter. Style makes fights. Everyone who boxed on his own knows that size matters. If a guy with +60 lb more on his ribs comes into the ring and wants to fight you you've got some respect. Joshuas experience with those kind of opponents is almost ZERO. He has never faced anyone like Miller. Neither a similar style nor a similar size.

Miller is a 6'4 320lb pressure fighter with high volume output and good movement for his weight. He's clearly not the best boxer but he also can jab his way through a round as we saw vs. Washington. He isn't a blind basher. But he can box different styles. He can fight from the distance with his jab or he can grind you down with high volume. WITH HIS SIZE. I doubt Joshua or anyone out here can imagine how it feels if a guy like Miller is coming for you. I mean take a look at the Dinu fight. Dinu clearly wasn't in shape and also lacking will & heart but he started well on the backfoot. Miller wasn't pressuring at all in the first two rounds so Dinu had time and space to breathe and he won those first two rounds in my opinion. But what happened after? Miller raised the pressure enormously, he started to throw bigger shots and he started to raise his work rate and from that point it was clear as a whistle that the fight is basically over. I do not want to comment on the knockdowns or the stoppage but Dinu himself is 6'5 and came in 237 lb. He wasn't a small opponent. No Adamek. Miller eat him alive. A bigger opponent. Easily. I really think the size of Miller is a factor which is MASSIVELY underrated here. There are weight classes in boxing for a reason. If Miller comes in 60 lb heavier than Joshua which is not only possible, it's probably an underrated number, this would be 8 different weight classes in the normal boxing ladder. Yeah, i know the comparison isn't ideal but you all know what i mean. Or take a look at the Adamek fight. I know Adamek is a former LHW/CW and also shot to pieces + old but i mean Adamek fought some big powerful HWs in his career like Vitali Klitschko or Eric Molina and he lasted 10 rounds with both of them. Miller smoked him in 50 seconds!!! 50 seconds!!! Another factor is: How to prepare for such a guy? Miller is unique. There is no other HW in the world with his style, variety AND size. Not a single one.

In my opinion Miller can win the fight on both occasions: on points or via stoppage. He hast the work rate to outwork Joshua throughout the rounds. Joshua was fighting really conservative Klitschko like in his last two fights. Now he'll have to go for it if he wants the stoppage. Miller won't be as easy to crack as Povetkin. And he won't fight like Parker too who was running most of the time (no discredit). He's fighting in Millers backyard. Joshua is vulnerable. We all know that. No matter if fan or hater or just a boxing fan. He was rocked by Whyte. He was dropped by Klitschko. He was rocked by Povetkin. But the thing is: If Miller rocks him once, he'll get all in, he will unleash everything he has, Miller is a killer if he hurts an opponent once. Look at his stoppages.

I predict Miller beating Joshua on June 1st. I know everyone is laughing at me but we'll see. Maybe i am wrong, the odds are against me obviously, but i am pretty sure this will be a hell of a fight for Joshua and his biggest test yet. I predict this will be a close fight and i do not see Joshua stopping Miller. Mark my words. Yeah, i do not see Joshua stopping Miller but i do see Miller stopping Joshua. Yes, boys.

DISCUSS

2. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    If Miller can withstand AJ's shots, then Joshua will have his hands full with Miller.

3. vladik

vladik Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Not sure if trolling, but I kind of agree with the points made

pacas and f1ght3rz like this.
  4. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Lol, no trolling.

Bustajay likes this.
  5. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Miller is underrated. This will be a very hard fight for both. Both looked unstoppable recently.

Perkin Warbeck, red_roo and Pat M like this.
  6. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Miller is overweight... So if AJ's previous opponents put on 50lb of fat, they would of done better ??. Miller has a chance if his chin passes the test. And it will be tested..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  7. PolicemanPrawn

PolicemanPrawn Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2017
    I agree, Miller is one of the most underrated guys around. He will go down as a Hall of Famer.

8. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Millers sheer size, work rate and engine gives any heavyweight problems. AJ needs to put him in his box early, get Miler respecting his power from the get go and start marking Miller up or he's undoubtedly in for a tough night.

I see the fight going similarly to the Breazeale fight with Miller perhaps having a little more success early doors and maybe being a little more durable but, the instant he shows any kind of distress, AJ will put it on him for either a stoppage or enough of a tempo change to lead to a TKO between rounds 6-9.

9. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    This is all nice but you forgot the most important part which is how will Miller be able to respond when he cant throw back when fighters throw at him ? Joshua counter punching and fast combos are going to have miller a bloody mess very quickly . I expect a worn out Miller bleeding and bruised who wont make the 12.

By the time Miller rests to throw back Joshua will have already hit him multiple times and batter him,and will eventually rock him and stop him./

You have the number 1 finisher in Joshua v s the number 5 who relies on stationary guys to perform power shots. miller doesn't generate good power moving forward he needs to set and that takes time . Joshua wont just let him bull him into the ropes like the others ,he will eat miller up coming in or going backwards.

End result should be around a round 5 K.O assuming miller will go forward and he will eat a stiff jab that will stop him and stun him, from there its probably the end followed by some viscous combos and he will either go down or completely buckle and be overwhelmed where the ref has to jump in .Once a few rounds go by where you see blood pouring out of the nose of Miller ,don't expect it to go much longer that's the point to look for.

10. Gabriel Syme

Gabriel Syme Member banned Full Member

May 20, 2018
    Chins are better when guys are in shape. If Miller comes in above 300, he won't last two rounds. This whole 'fatter is better' theory is bizarro world.

11. Faceplant

Faceplant Lucky Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes. If miller can avoid getting punched in the face or body he may be able to win rounds. Look at the last time a top heavyweight fought someone in this sort of shape, Wilder vs Sconiers/Nichols and he only just got out of that with his career and faculties in tact.

Mr Icaman likes this.
  12. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Miller will get knocked out in 7 , he’s a fat bum.

Reinhardt likes this.
  13. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I was going to scoff at this thread but given the last time a 300+ pound man fought a future HOF'er the HOF'ers team had to pay him to stay on the stool for the 2nd round..

300+ pound men can bang and take a punch, just ask Wilder..

Faceplant likes this.
  14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Speaking of AJ. Most of his fights have been uploaded in glorious 1080p HD to his official YT channel this week

This content is protected

Badbot, Keleneki and minemax like this.
  15. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017