Big Daddy Avid's Smigga Thread

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by s23041983, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ciaran

ciaran Champion Full Member

Nov 28, 2009
    i was in the same boat as ya b4 it was moved to the 11th i was gonna miss the paul david fight because of a wedding and would of been my 1st event id of missed at the arena

2. wrimc

wrimc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Did anyone read the recent comments made by Degale in BN?

when asked Why do you think Paul Smith has yet to fulfil his potential as a pro?

Degale replied: Maybe Smith is lazy he looks a bit overweight but i dont know i dont want to trash talk or bad mouth him

The old i dont want to say anything bad BUT.....

lol

Anyway this should suitably anger avid

3. avidlemon

avidlemon Boxing Addict banned

Feb 3, 2009

grrrrr

4. s23041983

s23041983 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I reckon DeGale will definitely get his chin tested in this fight at least. He doesnt really seem that elusive considering how 'slick' hes supposed to be. I cant wait for this fight!

5. avidlemon

Feb 3, 2009
    Horton was hitting degale for Christ sake. Degale ain't that hard to catch. What I think people are banking on is degale flurrying quickly a la calzaghe tbh. Degale is going into the trenches.

6. PaddyD1983

PaddyD1983 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I fear in this fight that Smith will have to ensure that he's throwing enough shots each round to convince the judges and that's not really his game.

Heart says Smigger, head says degale UD.

Sorry avid.

7. avidlemon

Feb 3, 2009
    No worries paddy, I get why people see this fight as difficult for smith. I think it will be for a period. But I am confident smigga has his own success on the inside, uppercuts through the middle. Smigga has had good successes versus taller opposition, I think it can play to smiggas strengths to be honest.
    I would just live to come back on here and say to every one, there you go, I told ya! I was confident when this fight was announced, and I am still confident. Smigga tko9. I've Been saying it all along, and I will stick to my guns!

8. unorthodox

unorthodox Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2009
    if smigga loses i think he should go back to campaigning at middleweight, he does look a bit fleshy at SMW & im sure his power would be more evident when fighting people he is naturally just as big as...

9. cheekyvid

cheekyvid Detroit, I shall return. Full Member

Nov 4, 2009
    exactly. did anyone see the face to face smith and degale had at the press con? degale is much bigger than smith naturally, lets not forget that quigley-smith probably should've been a MW brit title fight, neither should be SMW i think.

i know everyone aint gonna look like pacman but its clear from the way smith fights, he aint athletic at all, this is obviously reflected in his training. don't tell me smith can't improve his physique. athleticism and mobility through intensive training as he can. anyone that says otherwise is talking balls. this training would help his physique and shift a few pounds.

i read billy graham said Paul Smith was the hardest puncher p4p he'd trained...and he ain't putting folk away at SMW so why not go to MW where he'd have the advantage??

i refuse to believe smith can't get to MW. dedication, belief and hard work will do wonders. if he doesn't believe he can get downto MW, well he never will. thats a given.

i think degale is going to walk this, its gonna be very one-sided IMO

10. Mandanda

Mandanda SkillspayBills Full Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I seen DeGale in the flesh...he's a big SMW. He will venture to 175lbs in future for sure. Smith is a blown up SMW....very flabby around back. Never looks in supreme shape but seems to have good cardio but lacks power.

11. LP_1985

LP_1985 JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times Full Member

Sep 6, 2009
    :admin:thumbsup:yep:good

12. PaddyD1983

PaddyD1983 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Shame to see Smith get beat, but take nothing away from Degale. Great performance.

13. avidlemon

Feb 3, 2009
    True dat paddy!
    There's a future for smith, just personally feel it should be mw. Then again I'll support him either way. Just shocked at the nature if the loss, especially the last couple of rounds

14. Fighting this weekend isn't he. Still no opponent named.