BIG FACT: Top Rank Was OVERPAYING Terence Crawford...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, Jan 12, 2022.

1. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Pac made a massive fortune off of Top Rank and when that well dried, he went to PBC to get the bag off the rest of the big names there — Broner, Thurman, and we know what happened with Spence.

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pac was ripped off and bled dry by Arum so much in fact he hired an accounting agency to review his finances of how much money Arum stole and owed him. Arum is scum don't know why you defend him after the way he did your boy.

AdamT and Boon like this.
  3. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    People hire outside accounting firms all the time for audits. This has been going on since the time money was invented.

Regardless, Crawford was clearly overpaid by Top Rank as he was making as much or more than PBC guys save for Spence's 2 fights with the Garcias.

4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pac hired them because he felt he was owed money and being ripped off by Arum.

Boon likes this.
  5. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Arum bringing it up over and over again... Dont think he realized that it makes him, not Crawford, look bad.

6. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    And Pac re-signed with Arum after they cleared things up.

But we're talking about how Crawford's been overpaid even more then PBC guys.

7. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Also worth noting is that Crawford is the second highest paid fighter at TR after Fury. Certainly more than Caucasianchenko.

8. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I disagree.

9. 6.5winmag

6.5winmag Member Full Member

May 1, 2020
    have no use for crawford who can only manage a fight every year or so

10. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Spence made way more than 2million with porter after ppv upside.

11. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Crawford just filed a lawsuit against Arum for racial bias. What an idiot

Jackman65 and Payback87 like this.
  12. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Crawford played the race card. Pathetic

Payback87 likes this.
  13. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I think both sides dropped the ball here. Crawford is an excellent fighter, but his style and personality are a bit dull, I think he needed to be more outspoken to get top fights. Top Rank may have a history of promoting fighters from obscurity into greatness, but I don't think they have kept up with the changing times and market, they need to learn how to use instagram and market to millennials. I would suspect the racism claim has more to do with antiquated ways of promoting black fighters mixed with regular old Bob Arum greediness and corruption. You can't promote what won't sell and you will get frustrated with your promoter if they can't get you top fights. Hopefully Crawford is able to still keep fighting and get top fights. Bob Arum is old and corrupt so I don't care what happens to him.

Pimp C likes this.
  14. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    First thing Spence’s guarantee vs Porter was $2 million he made $7-$8 million after the PPV split. Secondly this is why I always said nobody was ducking between he and Spence. Top Rank offered him to renew his contract paying him more than what anybody else was offering him at that time and he took it.

Bob Arum wasn’t willing to pay Bud and Errol $10 million a piece and PBC wasn’t willing to do the same thing. Business got in the way of this fight happening as they believed that the fight would struggle to get 500k PPV while guaranteeing $20 million in fighter purses.

It’s unfortunate but if anything this exposes how fighters are getting beyond overpayed for clear mismatches which in turn makes them expect an astronomical figure to take a 50/50 or 60/40 fight.

15. Jon Saxon

Jon Saxon Active Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Crawford is boring and earned well.
    The race card is the cheapest card to play.

Don't like Crawford now.

Jackman65 and Payback87 like this.