Big George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jan 25, 2021.

1. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Foreman would have a rough night

Lewis would know better than to bang with him and would use his reach to keep Foreman away .... Unless it's a young Foreman who can bully his way to his jaw ... Which is still going to be extremely difficult given the size and strength of Lennox Lewis

2. Mr.Noob

Mr.Noob Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    I would have to say... Foreman would win this. The reason why is because of stamina, Foreman is used to going longer rounds because back at his time, he went 15 rounds and Lewis would be going 12 only. Foreman has more experience because he fought boxers like Muhammad Ali, Joe Fraizer etc; I would have to say that Foreman would win.

3. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Foreman never went 15 rounds. He frequently finished fights in less than 4. He never went past the 10th until he was old man Foreman.

Foreman could put anyone to sleep, but you have to favor Lewis. Bigger, longer reach, better mover, faster, plenty of power, and a high ring IQ.

BCS8, MarkusFlorez99 and Toney F*** U like this.
  4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    George always said he wouldnt fight Lennox cause he couldnt beat him

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Not an easy fight for either man.

Foreman at his best manhandled faster smaller men into positions where he could land his thudding shots. Problem he has here Lewis is faster and bigger and won't be easily pushed around so he'll be at a stylistic disadvantage. But he of course always has a punchers chance and will no doubt give Lewis a really tough first half of the fight.

Lewis I think will struggle due to Foreman's jab. We've seen Lewis out jabbed before vs Bruno, Mercer and Vitali and he's always responded by taking it too his opponent which against Foreman is suicide. But due to Lewis' size I think he'll do better than most slugging it out with Foreman, much like how the big and strong Lyle gave Foreman issues so will Lewis.

I think Foreman will do far better than many here expect in out jabbing Lewis with his ramrod jab and will likely win many of the earlier rounds. But Foreman has to get Lewis out in the first 6 rounds otherwise he'll tire and that's when I can see Lewis take over and box his way to a close decision win.

6. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Prime 'Big' George Foreman was 6'3 220lbs, Lewis was 6'5 245lbs. His physicality is overrated, impressive for his time when he could bully smaller fighters like Frazier and Norton but he'd have no physical advantages against Lewis.

Lewis beats both the younger and older Foreman.

7. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    If George is "big" then Lewis is "huge".

Not only do I think Lewis is the better boxer, but he also hits harder and with better form.

The only thing I rate decisively in Foreman's favour is his chin.

Lewis should be a fairly solid favourite in this one.

reckless likes this.
  8. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    "Merciless" Ray Mercer, who on May 10, 1996, gave Lennox a very tough fight laid out a blueprint for a "strong heavyweight who can take a punch and give one
    "to beat him.
    Mercer was too tough for Lennox Lewis to hold off, walked through anything the Lion threw, and beat him up with his jab.
    Anything Mercer could do, a Prime foreman who was stronger, faster (afoot, not in handspeed) , bigger, harder hitting, better at cutting the ring off, could do twice as well.
    Foreman by KO.

9. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Big George becomes little George in this one. Lewis is to fast and powerful for Foreman imo

10. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Mercer was tough enough to be around once that gas tank becomes a problem for George, it could be a banana skin imo

Toney F*** U likes this.
  11. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Well said!

12. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Lennox wins a safe UD. Foreman is on record a few times in print and on video saying he didn't want anything to do with Lennox. I recall him on HBO as well saying after the Lennox/Vitali fight if Vitali won he'd want to fight him, but still not Lennox. Foreman understood style matchups

13. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Morrison outboxed Foremen. So Lewis would wide a UD

Foreman was getting thrashed by Holy and Moorer was also out boxing him quite decisively, until ——-BOOM

If Foremen could withstand the thrashing Lewis would bring, he may be able to land that clubbing right hand. Lewis has been known to succumb to power on the chin, as we’ve seen.

14. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Prime Foreman would have little problem with pre-Steward Lewis, ko in 5 at the most. Steward Lewis would be very cautious, jab and hold to a SD.

Quina74 likes this.
  15. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I'd have to go with Big George. More power, and a better chin. Better resume.

Salty Dog and TipNom like this.