Big Joan Fury dominates another BT Boxing Debate

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jurgen, Nov 24, 2020.

1. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Big John had Lennox running scared back in the day, the future Indisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World and one of the P4P ATG's was scared of Gypsy John.

I know he brings in viewers but I question the morals of employing such a man and paying him a no doubt decent wage, even if the eye gouging didn't happen he brought up his kids watching him beat up their mum, cheat on her and probably hit several other women along the way, unless Tyson is lieing or bending the truth again. Awful gravel throated, crab faced embarrassment of a man, the sooner he trips over his own feet again and the media pounce on it the better.

Heisenberg likes this.
  2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Every single fight is presented as being 50/50 or a real test for (insert Eddie or Frank's house fighter) and when that fighter inevitably wins the mismatch the so called pundits heap praise on said boxer - 'Showed his quality tonight' 'Demonstrated he's world class' 'Proved the doubters wrong' etc. etc. etc.
    The first fight I can remember when it became obvious that something was up with the 'analysis' was during the buildup for the David Haye - Audley Harrison fiasco and that was what 10 years ago. Presented as being a stern test for Haye and that Audley had turned a corner and was going to fulfil his destiny and other such nonsense when anyone with a clue knew Harrison had no chance.

That video in the OP, liked the bit were Calzaghe said about Wilder that Fury exposed him, take away his right hand and he's nothing, should retire. Imagine hearing that on Sky !! Instead if a Fury-Wilder rubber match happened on Sky it would be :
    Bellew - 'Adam, Deontay Wilder KNOWS this is his defining fight, I have NEVER seen a fighter look so intense during a buildup to a world title fight'
    Haye - 'Listen, I've spent time in the gym this week with Deontay and I was FRIGHTENED by what I saw'
    Adam Partridge - (Deep breath and looks at the camera with that serious look on his face) 'The anticipation is building for an absolutely fascinating showdown, Anna back to you in the studio'

Pompey Junglist, Jurgen and Safin like this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah good post.

Yes, I picked Wilder in the second fight, I got it wrong and praised Fury.. because I made a pick one way doesn't mean I can't change an opinion on somebody or even that they proved me wrong and I tip my hat, congratulate them and move on.

John Fury is not a baby, surely he is old and wise enough to understand people see different things, come to different conclusions and sometimes they get it wrong, he gets things wrong, should we hold those things against him?

But yeah, John Fury will probably end up liking Haye at some point, he seems to need an "enemy" to get him pumped up and then he starts throwing all sorts of wild predictions around.

On a side note, AJ Vs Fury build up will be insane, the trash talking will he be incredible, I reckon it will get so ramped up that John Fury chins Eddie Hearn LOL

Then I'll be Big Johns biggest fan.

Gatekeeper, channy and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Which i cant understand to this day.

Who did pick Fury to win almost exatcly 5 years ago against Wlad?
    Any version of TF pre Wlad would have lost to Wlad, including the Hammer or Chisora 2 version. He was never so fast and sharp like he was on November 28, 2015.
    And the scale backed it up. I still dont understand why Fury to this day claims the scale was manipulated, and the he did not weight 247lb/112kg/17.64stone, when he moves so much quicker like never before or since.
    There were too many ppl around that scale, including presidents of the belt organizations + the president of the german pro boxers (Thomas Puetz), they would risk their jobs if the scale was manipulated.

But so or so its strange Big John awaited ppl to pick his son over Wlad before the fight, who did except of his family and manager?

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, I agree. I don't think it's genuine meaningful dislike of Haye, not really.
    I think he's genuinely passionate about the prowess of his son though. He takes it a bit personal because he's family as well, i reckon.

He's not a baby but he's not entirely normal, let's put it that way.
    (.... and I don't like typing that without my anti-gouging goggles on !)

Exactly.

I'd pay £24.99 to see that !