Big John Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Patter983, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    What he did was awful but he's paid his debt to society. He should be given a chance to redeem himself
    It's a testament to the man's aura that he's called 'Big' John Fury even though Tyson is actually bigger

neverheardofher and im sparticus like this.
  2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I think gouging someones eye out when their kid is there is more than just one of those things, if it isn't it should be, that's no way to carry on.

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Yeah, mum has been watching the doc and said to me how good his dad is. I cant help but say, he gouged somebody's eye out.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    John Fury claims to be the toughest 54 year old....Luis Ortiz might have something to say about that.

5. Naked Snake

Feb 25, 2020
    Isn't Mike Tyson 54 this year?

neverheardofher likes this.
  6. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I’d jab his nut right off.

7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    The guys 13 year was not there when it happened. If I remember correctly Big John ended up fighting the guy and some of his family all by himself. He done his time so should not be punished for ever, even though he done wrong.

8. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Mr Sykes told the court he had gone to British Car Auctions at Belle Vue to buy his 17-year-old son Buddy his first van when John Fury approached him with his ‘chest up’.

The two men had been pals but had a violent bust-up over a bottle of beer during trip to Cyprus in 1999.

When they met at auction Mr Sykes claimed Fury asked him: “What about me and you finishing that fight?”

The victim claimed that he said ‘I don’t want no trouble’ and Mr Fury replied: “I’m the best man here in the auction, I’m the best man in the country.”

Mr Sykes added: “He meant that he could beat any man at the auction, he’s the best man at fighting.”

The pair traded punches, lurching between cars, before Fury grabbed Mr Sykes by his shoulder-length hair and gripped him in a headlock.

“He was pushing his hand in my face,” said Mr Sykes. “It was his finger, it went in my eye, in the corner and he wouldn’t stop, he was like gouging and poking and twisting and poking, all of a sudden I heard this sound, a clicking like, a popping noise and when he took his hand away I realised blood was in his hand, a lot of blood.”

The attack, which Mr Sykes said he ‘thought would never end’ was witnessed by scores of car-buyers.

Mr Sykes’ teenage sons Buddy, and 13-year-old Jesse, saw the ‘awful aftermath’ after going to the cafe to get a drink.

I don't think he should be punished forever but it shouldn't be forgotten, it was a sick violent act.

ryanm8655 and Clarence Gianni like this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    "You know like the aliens are light years in front of us in brain power, that's how my son is in front of Joshua in ability."

Classic line.

Patter983, DirtyOldTown and EJC83 like this.
  10. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Someone needs to play that over the top of the clip of Tyson punching himself in the face!

11. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    He’s served his time but agree it was a despicable act. He had remorse, if only for the fact that he was going to miss his kids. Could absolutely see him doing it again if someone was to imply they were harder than him, he’s just that sort of bloke. It’s the sort of stuff most of us grow out of by the time we’ve left school...

That said, I do respect the way he has always been right on his son. Virtually everything he has said has rung true, despite a lot of it sounding like the standard BS at the time. I very much doubt he is the fittest 54 year old in Britain though :lol:

Patter983 likes this.
  12. Naked Snake

Feb 25, 2020
    I've only seen what Big John's said about Wilder and, let's be real, you don't have to be Nostradamus to predict that Wilder's a crap boxer and Tyson could beat him into submission

13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Pretty sickening alright. In fairness, he served a lengthy sentence for it. Rapists and peados serve far less.

Patter983 likes this.
  14. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Imagine him starting on you. Would be terrified. I would run for sure.

15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Tony Troll on here has went into hiding after 1 week attempting to devalue the achievements of Fury - will crawl out again once his self humiliation and isolation period has ended.

Inglis_1 likes this.