Big opportunity for Frank Warren to take over the British scene

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, May 11, 2018.

1. jaycea

jaycea Manc living in Canada Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    The Flanagan one is an odd one, being from Manchester prior to moving to Canada I obviously have knowledge of him but the gym I am involved in where most have above average boxing knowledge, I dont think anyone has ever mentioned him apart from myself. Given that unbeaten run and from a city like Manchester where they do get behind their fighters his profile should of way above what it is.

Scissors likes this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    On that last point, I would expect to see Frank Smith handle all the promotion for the smaller domestic cards now.

3. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Frank doesn't need to takeover British boxing to be successful and he won't do so anyway. He had a great year last year with the announcement of the BT deal and closed the gap significntly on Eddie. Eddie has responsed quickly in the first quarter, whereas Frank struggled however starting from Frampton/Donaire, Warren has some real solid events coming up, and Eddie currently hasnt really announced anything significant. He will do of course, but that's the way the promoting game is- both will have highs and lows.

The scene is buzzing and there are plenty of fighters to go round between the big 2 and others available for the smaller promoters like Cyclone and ringstar etc.

As I've said in another thread, I don't think this new streaming deal is going to end up as soon as thinking. The US market is completely different and we've seen promoters / advisers loaded with money before like Haymon not being able to maintain the expenditure needed to keep going PBC on free to air networks, let alone having to pay extra streaming subs for an unknown service.

Eddie knows his bread and butter is In the UK - I doubt his ego would allow our market to be dominated by Frank

4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This content is protected

Eddie says AJ staying with matchroom and announcement soon

12 min 50.

Oh well Frank. Looks like Matchroom will live another day lol

Scissors likes this.
  5. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    You need headline top of the bill fighters to do a show so work it out from there.

Scissors likes this.