Biggest One-Fight "Stock" Drop

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Apr 30, 2021.

1. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Bobick - Norton

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    It's why they call it Stock Homes Syndrome, man. It's like, your stock dropped, homes. That's the syndrome. The stock market is finicky, bro.

3. alangjk

alangjk Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2015
    I was hoping nobody mentioned this yet. haha I'd go along with this fight.

mark ant likes this.
  4. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Golota against Lewis was the first one that jumped to mind for me.

But some good shouts in this thread with MAB-Hamed and Froch-Bute, and also Wlad-Sanders.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  5. alfonso

alfonso Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Price Thompson is a good shout. Next Wlad to dodgy plumber

6. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Absolutely. The stock drop isn't necessarily an elite fighter getting sparko'd by one punch - they're still likely to be the favorite in the rematch. The stock drops I'm wondering about are where someone's entire style is exposed and it makes you question everything that got them there. Hamed's style was so thoroughly exposed that no one in the arena, himself included, believed he could ever beat MAB, who prior to the fight was a 3-1 underdog.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Did the ring mag rate him No.2 P4P?!

8. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Looks like he was #3 Ring P4P in 2011, was Fighter of the Year in 2012, and got Rigo'd in 2013.

mark ant likes this.
  9. sweetsci

sweetsci Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Bowe - Golota II - the first fight was possibly a fluke. Bowe was way out of shape for the first fight; a well-trained Bowe would surely do a lot better in the rematch. Nope. He was done.

Ali - Liston II - Like Bowe-Golota, the first fight was possibly a fluke. Sonny would do better the second time around. Nope. Though Sonny would climb his way back up in 1968, he never reached the heights of his pre-Ali run.

Shavers - Norton - Norton had just come off a close one to Holmes and fans were looking forward to a rematch. Shavers killed that idea and Norton was never the same again.

Foreman - Frazier II - Incredibly, this was seen as a pick'em fight going in, for reasons I've explained in at least two other threads (think of their recent performances going in). Afterward, it was a like it was a forgone conclusion that George would win easily once again.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  10. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Price vs Thompson 2. Price got a name over to the uk to look good against but ended up getting stopped, had a rematch and got stopped again. Price was seen as a future champion by many before he met Thompson.

11. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Canelo’s stock dropped when he got beaten and outboxed by Golovkin.

12. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    No, he became a superstar after beating GGG, his stock didn`t go anywhere after the draw in their first clash.

13. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    He till end of his life for me will be only hometown cherry picker horsemeat belt - tickets seller , very boring boxer with stupid fanbase.
    Thanks to the God I had recently watched his " famous " cherry picker's fight vs Khan and I do not have intent to waste any minute to watch this horsemeat boxer, his fans and commentators.

Most boring hyped up tickets seller for Nevada and he is boring as death if compare with Floyd, DLH or even Wilder or Ward.

14. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Agreed, before Joshua got ko'ed by the fatboy there were forums on here with people describing how he'd beat Muhammed Ali

mark ant likes this.
  15. Blandman

Blandman Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Michael Grant vs Lewis
    Michael Moorer vs Foreman
    Tommy Morrison vs Mercer
    Vic Darchynian vs Donair
    Vernon Forrest vs Mayorga 1 & 2

Gatekeeper likes this.