Biggest one punch turnaround.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by LeonMcS, Sep 27, 2007.

1. LeonMcS

LeonMcS The Mayor of Kronkton Full Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Apologies if this has been done, but recently bought a collection of Nigel Benn fights and his bout against Logan where he is getting caned is suddenly finished with one brutal left hook from nowhere. Someone even mentioned it in the Benn-Jackson thread.
    Must be heaps of examples but I'm up way too late and am drawing a blank, any other one punch stunners that turned imminent defeat into a sudden win?

Just thought of one, Eubanks uppercut against Watson in their second fight. The bout did continue for a short time afterwards but thats the definition of a hail mary shot.

2. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Julian Jackson knocking out Bomber Graham, afte being schooled and on his way to an obvious loss.

3. LeonMcS

Aug 26, 2007
    Yep, actually showed that to a few mates tonight as well. Made even better by the commentary talking Graham up all round.
    A mate used to show me tapes of a Latino boxer in the 70s or 80s who always seemed to be getting bombed on the ropes ready to go down before unleashing perfect counters. Have no idea at all what his name was. Any ideas?

4. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Walcott/CharlesIII; 2 and a half fights of misery sorted out with one bomb.;)

5. ChrisPontius

ChrisPontius March 8th, 1971 Full Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Tyson vs Botha.
    Tyson was being schooled by Botha, was frustrated and tried to break his arm, then landed one punch and that was that.

6. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Hearns - Barkley was pretty big.

7. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    It still scares Tommy got up and worse still the ref let it continue!

8. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Marciano-Walcott I was pretty big too, but one of the main reasons Walcott was beating Marciano that bad was because something got in Rocky's eyes for 3 rounds which blinded him, and he had to go out swinging at a blurry Walcott (who was already extremely hard to hit and catch).

9. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    nigel benn - anthony logan
    benn who was a big fav started his usual routine of knock them out quick to show off...then logan catches him and again and again and seemed to actually beat him up literely beat him like small boy...till after a wiered shuffle boom left hook comes out of nowhere and boom anthony logan on the floor not knowing where he was. and that was that. the next fight he fought michael watson and was knocked out.

julian jackson - terry norris
    julian jackson was getting totally out boxed by a smaller shorter speedy target off terry norris..terry just totally confuzed julian with big shots mixed in with combo's and staying on the backfoot.in the 2nd round it was very similar jackson missing and getting out boxed and seemed that terry could of doen it for hours.then a double jab to the body by julian made terry's guard drop about an inch below his chin....in which a three shot combo.the finish was as lamply said after "the first punch knocked him out, the 2nd woke him up and the third put him to sleep again"

10. LeonMcS

Aug 26, 2007
    Benn actually had 3 more fights before Watson, KO1 Noel, KO1 Chilambe, KO2 Mbayo. Watched them all yesterday for the first time, certainly worth adding to the collection if you can.

11. Duodenum

Duodenum Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 18, 2007
    How could anything surpass Weaver/Tate?

12. CzarKyle

CzarKyle Member Full Member

May 11, 2005
    You beat me to it. This was the first one to come to my mind.

13. Luigi1985

Luigi1985 Cane Corso Full Member

Feb 23, 2006

:yep

14. LeonMcS

Aug 26, 2007
  15. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    John David Jackson-Jorge Castro I