Billy Joe Saunders is Andrade's next mandatory challenger

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, Jan 22, 2019.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    You just will not get it will you??....VADA was brought in because it is a more stringent test and all the signs were BJS was juicing because he was suddenly in good shape for the first time in his life....And it worked perfectly

Back to this fight......I think it could possibly be the worst ever middleweight title fight

2. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Dom Ingle said HIMSELF it was liquid ephedrine nose drops.....It was not a nasal spray for a stuffy nose

Scissors likes this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I think Billy Joe will dance around hik if he come in fit
    Those angles will be too much
    Not easy though as Andrade has real talent

I'd rather Saunders win I guess just bacauce I'd rather him vs GGG on Canelo down the line rather than Andrade
    I have little interest in those match ups

4. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It was Saunders who requested it.

5. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It's the same thing. 0.5% ephedrine. Suitable for 12 year olds.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    VADA has different rules mate to WADA and UKAD. The latter 2 would have picked up the same thing as the former, only it doesn’t break their rules. I get what you’re saying, but he broke a contract not the official rules.

7. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I actually deleted that post of mine you quoted, it came across wrong when I read it back. The nasal spray defence was bullshìt. Saunders was knowingly taking that stuff, and was confirmed by Dominic Ingle but he justified it with the "out of competition" argument. Which is a lot of nonsense if you ask me. If you're training for a fight then you're in competition IMO.

8. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    He broke VADA's rules, which he agreed to abide by. So he broke the rules.

Scissors likes this.
  9. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    PED issue aside...

I really want to see BJS vs Canelo within the forseeable future, and the only way that's possible if for BJS to get the WBO back.

Maybe/hopefully the Tyson Fury comeback has inspired him to take the next couple of years seriously .

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I know mate, he broke the contract. I’m just saying that ordinarily this wouldn't have been an issue. Vada carry no weight, they have no authority. @tdf1974 is correct that they are more stringent. They all need to get on the same page imo.

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Guys will Saunders even take this fight?

He was going to get millions before as the champ but now he's going to have to take 25% on a Matchroom card?

12. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes he broke the contract, by breaking VADA's rules. I do get what you're saying, but he broke the rules that he signed up to abide by. It's pretty clear cut to me that he broke the rules. If they didn't agree to VADA testing, then different story. But they did and he broke the rules.

Twentyman likes this.
  13. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    He will take it as he knows a win will open doors to big fights against Golovkin and Canelo/Jacobs.

What's the alternative?

14. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    We are in full agreement :)

Smudge_ likes this.
  15. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Saunders is nothing but a liability for Frank, he should have cut him loose. Let him sign for Hearn, if Eddie is silly enough to take on the headache.

He sells no tickets, is unreliable and he and his horrible family are basically scum. Frank has no chance of winning a purse bid either, so what’s the point to having him as a client? .

I hope Eddie Inserts a clause in the contract that should Saunders pull out with another of his classic hand injuries, or gets busted again, then Billy and his ferral, racist sons get blasted off in a one way ticket to Mars.

If he does eventually make it to the ring against Andrade, we can only expect a terrible fencing match anyway.