Billy Joe Saunders making excuses already not sounding confident

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Apr 18, 2021.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Trying to label me a narcissist? I said my response was a quality break down of the situation, after I addressed prejudice and Billy's paranoia over the judges and said it's his loss for not reading it after he labeled what I said "BS and propaganda". You wanna talk about projection. I'm trying to find common ground here, rather than fighting with CST or Wizkid and accuse Saunders of making excuses. I'm saying "look, I get it, I get why Saunders is worried about the judges".

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Forget the believing

Hypothetically if an agreement was made its wrong to go back on it yes?

Its a yes or no answer

iii likes this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Leveling the playing field maybe?

Plus thats not true anyhow

Look at the fight with AJ and Parker as an example of boxers and management dictating refs and judges

Its quite common

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  4. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Wizkid lol

5. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Hypothetically, Yes, but where was that when Kovalev and Jacobs, not hypothetically, but actually, agreed to a rehydration clause?

If an agreement was made, it would be wrong to go back on it, no matter what is in the agreement. In Jacobs case, vs GGG, he refused to do what he agreed to, which he was mandated to do by the IBF, then after the fact lobbied the IBF to change the rule and convinced them to change it. Then people criticized Canelo's team for merely agreeing to the IBF rule that was still on the books, which Jacobs team also agreed to. An agreement was made there by both parties, but that didn't stop most of this forum from spinning that against Canelo.

So why should we give Billy a pass now for apparently requesting or demanding a British judge as part of the agreement? Is Billy trying to stack the deck in is favor by requiring Canelo's team to agree to having one of Billy's judges appointed? Either it was part of the agreement or it's not part of the agreement. Either way, this isn't a good look for Saunders. He's either lying that it's part of the agreement, or he's doing what people have been accusing Canelo of doing for years, having a judge in his pocket.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Anybody can claim anything they want I just don’t believe known liars especially on verifiable facts like contracts. If it was true he could enforce the contractual terms and conditions on this that is what I do.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I don’t believe BJS.

8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    We'll find out soon enough, when we see who the judge are on fight night.

9. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    If he is telling the truth, the agreement was for a judge from each boxers country (or home state)

That evens it leaving one judge

Its more a psychological thing

At least you admit Canelo deals have left him with a bad look over the years

As a fan it takes guts to do that

Well done

10. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Yes or no?

Not after a politicians answer lol

11. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I have a ton of guts. Thank you. I always try and keep it real. I would be OK if there was one judge from Britain, one judge from Mexico, and one judge from America. But then there's a good chance that would lead to a split decision and it would come down to the judge from America to decide the verdict. I personally think it's better for the commission to determine who the judges are, rather than the fighters. Though I do understand the logic of having one judge from Mexico, one judge from Britain, and one from America.

But I think it's important to point out that if in fact there is a judge from Britian, one from Mexico, etc, now we know who's idea that was. It wasn't Canelo, so if anyone is trying to stack the deck with judges from his home country, it's obviously Saunders.

12. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Man you are amazing at getting the truth lost in amongst pointless paragraphs

Sure, its Saunders fault now

Stacking the deck would be having more than 1 countryman out of 3

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    That may be true, but for years we've heard on this forum how Canelo somehow has pocket judges. (CJ Ross, Adalaide Byrd, etc) That these weren't random occurrance, that these were put there by his team to score matches for him. But yet there's no evidence that Canelo's team have ever done what you said AJ and Parker did and dictacted where refs and judges were from. But here we have a case where Saunders is claiming that he has in facted insisted on who the judges were. So if anyone is trying to stack the deck with his judges here, it's Saunders, not Canelo.

14. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    And why do you think he is concerned?

15. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I understand that, but none of the judges that Canelo had in the past when people complained about bad judging had more than 1 of his countryman as judges. Last time I checked, Adalaide Byrd and CJ Ross were American, not Mexican.