Billy Joe Saunders vs. Demetrius Cesar Andrade - OFF!!!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Aug 15, 2018.

Superb or BooBoo: upon whom shall rest the crown as king of slick MW southpaws (+ WBO strap, FWIW)

Poll closed Oct 20, 2018.
  1. Saunders on points

70.8%
  2. Saunders by stoppage

4.4%
  3. Draw

1.8%
  4. Andrade on points

21.2%
  5. Andrade by stoppage

1.8%
  1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    As far as the drug, from what I read and heard oxilofrine is a stimulant drug that gives fighters an advantage during training and of course during the fight. It sounds like it should be illegal all the time not just during competition.

There was a notable difference in Saunders' performance against DL than his other fights. He had clearly more stamina, more spring in his step.

2. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Not suspending Saunders would be one way they could achieve it even less.

3. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    You've made a series of good posts but this one nails the biggest problem in this case.

On the one side we have WADA, UKAD, USADA and the 19 Olympic sports which share the same rulebook. On the other we have VADA which is a private company marketing itself as a better option. My concern with boxing is that the corruption within the sport is so high that I'm more comfortable with it using an external entity which is not directly dependent on payment from within boxing. So I worry that in moving to VADA, without a clear scientific case being made, the sport may be opening itself up to further problems. Frequent interviews with Victor Conte don't assuage those doubts by the way...

I also worry that VADA in the US is something you 'sign up for' when a boxing contract is signed. This is nonsense. Boxers should be subject to spot testing in and out of competition regardless if they're currently in camp. Otherwise they can take PEDS, flush them out of the system and then sign up for VADA and still reap the benefits of cheating.

On the in and out competition question I think it's best left to the science. Of which I've yet to see anything conclusive?

In other news, Frank Warren says a lawsuit for loss of earnings is likely to happen...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    im sparticus and LordSouness like this.
  4. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Just on this lawsuit...

I think for once Frank may enjoy his day in court. It looks very much like MSAC have ignored their own regulations when making the decision:

This content is protected

I'm assuming that a Boston court would look to the organisations own statutes when assessing whether they've taken a lawful decision or not?

5. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Refund?

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol Victor Conte doesn’t put my mind at rest either lol

7. tommyg6

tommyg6 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 30, 2015
    This content is protected

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    [QUOTE="LordSouness, post: If you are enrolled in VADA, they determine you to be in competition. WADA only determine you to be in-competition around the time of the actual event. Which is why Saunders is fine by WADA, UKAD and BBBofC rules, but because they were enrolled in VADA, the MSAC, have went with VADA and prevented the fight from going ahead - despite their own guidelines being WADA.

WhatS the definition of "around the time of the event.
    I know that ukad test fighters a few month (at least 13wk) before an event they are due to compete/fight in.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Saunders would have outpointed Bursak wide, Murray closer but still clear, and Khurtsidze would've been 50-50. He would have perhaps stopped Andrade late, otherwise decision.

10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Why would Saunders, who does not rely on power use PED's? Disappointed.

11. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Are you ready for the call to testify from Frank Warren's lawyer? I'm expecting this thread to be cited. You should be angling for a share of the damages Mr Butt...

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Oxilofrine (the banned substance in the nasal spray he says he used) is said to increase stamina.

13. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    So in theory, he could use that to cut weight easier.

Not surprising.....

He's always out of shape outside of camp.

Thought Ingle had solved that tbh.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :sisi1

Probably meant that jokingly, but...

Frank would sue his own mother for breach of contract if she brought home a different brand of milk than on the shopping list.

Holler likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006