Billy Joe Saunders

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by darkrobot, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Bjs confidence isn't great after few poor performances. Think it will affect him .

He hasn' looked good for a while

2. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I take it back. It would have saddened me some, just because I'd have hated to see a primitive style like Lemieux's somehow get the better of a fine skillset like Saunders'. The nearer the fight got, the more excited I felt about the prospect of seeing Saunders display those skills on a big stage.

Billy would come across a lot better if he always conducted himself as he did in the post-fight interview with HBO tonight.

3. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    He was impressive there. Doesn’t stand a chance against Canelo or GGG though.

I’d like to see him against Jacobs but sadly it’s not going to happen.

4. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Full credit to bjs. He was very good last night

Grime Rockstar likes this.
  5. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    This was great. Watched it about 12 times.

This content is protected

Twentyman and Bent-nose like this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m biased, but there are times when a British boxer gets absolutely schooled by an overseas opponent, but I think the fans still give the away fighter a lot of respect (probably is lots of examples of British crowds booing). There were so many boos from the Canadians, which is a shame cos that was a boxing masterclass and a bit of showboating is part of that entertainment.

Grime Rockstar likes this.
  7. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Just watching it the now. ...but if anything it shows the most important part of boxing and one of the most neglected parts of it...good footwork. Should be the first thing taught in boxing and the most drilled. Even look at Huey fury people criticize his performance probably rightfully so but the guy went in with a world champion as a bit of a novice at that level and came out pretty much how he went in...cause he was able to stay on the move. Needs to learn when to go on the front foot but a different argument.

But billy dictated that fight last fight with his footwork. Very few British fighters actually have good footwork...would make a massive difference to any fighter.

Thought billy would win but looks a lot less competitive as I thought it was gonna be.

A deserved good nite for the ingles after recent disappointing nights with brook. Always felt they,ve always taught the right way along with Adam booth. But very few others is Britain. Joe gallacher should take note...needs to make changes with his fighters just gonna end up getting them hurt in the end. No faulting his work ethic or his heart being in the right place but does need to make changes.

Well done twentyman as well always been pretty vocal about how good billy Joe is.

Scyson, Twentyman and bangbangbeef like this.
  8. Grime Rockstar

Grime Rockstar Member banned Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    oops wrong again @ManLikeFemi aka @Ty577 aka your latest one @Using£££

the North american got schooled and lost every round in his own backyard by the brit :)