Billy Joe was SCHOOLING canelo. We need a rematch ASAP

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, May 8, 2021.

1. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Not sure he had slowed down Aram , more like the figured BJS out & set a trap ...great fight tough respect to both men!

2. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    It was an EYE Catching shot ...
    But He will SEE to fight another day.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  3. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I'm not saying BJS isn't a complete hypocrite, because he clearly is. I'm saying the whole quitting is a cowards way out rhetoric comes from within the game. If a guy has had enough, he's had enough. That should be enough for any fan.

4. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I really must be missing something because "schooling" is not a word I'd have used to describe Saunders performance until the start of round 8.

"Surviving" is more my feeling.

Postponing the inevitable is the reality.

nervousxtian and iseah10001 like this.
  5. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    :lol: You are certainly no friend of Billy Joe's.

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  6. iseah10001

iseah10001 Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    People on here considering any guy moving around, landing lazy jabs, and not getting pummeled to the face a schooling. Canelo ripped him to the body all night and landed the shot he was looking for all night. Easy w.

CaptainFeedback and nervousxtian like this.
  7. Boomstick

Boomstick Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Schooling. Silly.

Saunders was doing fine. He was fighting smart. Not winnimg, but moving well and having some success.

However, it seemed obvious from the opening bell that he was trying not to get knocked out while landing what he could. He was doing more than just surviving, but surviving was the prime directive. He wasn’t deterring Canelo at all, who didn’t have to kick it into the next gear to end the fight. The end result was only a matter of when, IMO.

8. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    He had no response for Canelos bombs and was just lucky to go that far because he was taking bombs and not responding with anything with substance.

9. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Fair points, but at the same time Canelo can happily adopt a low volume, come forward style, loading up on his shots, knowing he is not going to lose on the cards.

It's personally why I don't go out of my way to watch his fights. They are not sporting contests. Merely spectacle.

Though I do agree, it was a emphatic closing to the fight. But that safety net he has will always play a part in the fight outcome whether it goes to the cards or not.

10. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012

Some people here seem to have a hard time properly using the words "schooling and robbery"

11. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    I’m late to this but OP needs glasses ASAP, or to learn boxing, either or would help tremendously in scoring boxing.

12. boxerfan13

boxerfan13 Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Hell no. He will be timid af in the rematch. No thanks. His face got broken. Move on

13. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Highly likely BJS will ever fight again. That eye could be at risk permanently

14. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Should that read unlikely and never? Confusing

Malph likes this.
  15. RogerFromDallas

RogerFromDallas Student of the Sweet Science Full Member

Jul 7, 2016
    These type of posts are are completely stupid! It doesn't matter what the scorecards were prior to the stoppage. In the pro game, you fight to stop your opponent! The judges are there to purely decide what happens in case the fight goes the distance. This isn't the amateurs where there is a points system to score the fight and decide a winner! How many rounds Canelo let go to Saunders is completely IRRELEVANT to the outcome, because the plan was never to win a 12 round contest, the plan was to stop BJS at any cost, even if it meant losing a few rounds. **** the scorecards, and anybody running to them for some kind of satisfaction. They are irrelevant to the outcome! Delusional sore losers:facepalm:

Middle Pocket, sparta and ElCyclon like this.