Bits that Sky missed from 24/7

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Nov 22, 2007.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Is there that much of a demand for wake boarding that they couldn't make this a 40 minute show.

Please post info on bits that were missed out for those who watched it on Sky

I know that part where they asked Roger Mayweather why floyd keeps fighting when he has lots of money he talk a bit about "Why does Bill Gates still make computers"

I felt that was a big thing to skip as it explain Floyd is a workaholic and perfectionist.

They also missed loads Billy Graham who steals the show in HBO versain but doesnt in this because so much gets cut, especially talking about the Body Bag.

Could they not just cut Hatton talking about playing Darts!

2. simonsingh

simonsingh Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    I don't like the way people try to portray Floyd, I am a Brit also, but you can tell the guy is just a kid at heart in many ways.

3. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Im not going to start psychoanalysing, but could that be because of a missed childhood, bit like michael jackson.

4. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    Yeh Floyd Sr does have a bit of Joe Jackson about him doesn't he.

I honeslty think there bad relationship is down to Roger being jelous of his son, not getting the credit (he probs deserves a bit as his grounding as clearly made him a great champ) and the relatinship with the mother.

5. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Ah, im not talking about the relationships, just the reason floyd is a bit child like. I doubt he had a "proper" childhood as he was basically born to box.

6. simonsingh

simonsingh Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    I guess he is making up for lost time-nothing wrong with that if he doesn't harm anyone and seems close with his kids.

7. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    why did they cut out all that stuff? pathetic.

Mayweather comes across as a bore, a spoilt brat desperate to make out he's a tough ghetto kid and gangster.

8. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    He didnt mention the ghetto once! And its a fact he was born in a bad neighourhoud same as Hatton and Graham, but i seriously doubt a mancheter council estate is worse than wear Mayweather grew up.

The estates in England look like luzuary villas compared to USA due to the us having the NHS.

It looks like he had a good relationship with his kids, i assume there not from the same mother???

9. baguettesurgeon

baguettesurgeon Member Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
    they should have shown the lot on SKY 1