Bivol will have 6 weeks to prepare for Canelo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Jackman65

Jackman65 Oh yeah, FJB! banned Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    My comment was about Canelo trying to force another fighter to take a fight with less than adequate prep/training time. This is a standard Canelo move. Little bitches like you suck it up and attack anyone who calls him on it. I get it, he’s the cash cow and brings enough money to entice guys to agree to concessions that give Canelo an advantage but as a fight fan I don’t have to like it. It’s a cowardly move that true champions don’t do.

Your panties are really in a bunch over this one. I get it, little fan girl bitches eat this **** up. Your reaction is expected.

Bustajay, Quina74 and C.J. like this.
  2. drenlou

drenlou Most people DKSAB! Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    :confused:

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    He's been already training for Caleb though, it may be a different opponent but being in camp allows him to be in better shape especially if Bivol has to focus on cutting down to 168.

4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You clown LOL!!
    Boxing is a combat sport . Two participants compete against each other in a boxing match.The boxers are of equal size. They fight to decide who is the better man. Three unbiased judges watch the contest & decide who they believe won the contest.
    Thats how it should be ... Not decided by the promoters , who conspire with the corrupt judges as to who wins the contest as happens quite frequently today
    Sadly boxing like most sports have been controlled by greed $$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the root of all evil. Thats what decide the result of too many contests these days
    Fair play is a thing of the past

5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    I'd like to see it at 175 for sure. Bivol just has to do his thing and i think he beats him. I legit think he'd be too much for Canelo. But Canelo would win regardless

6. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Face facts.. Canelo is a proven & convicted Ped's abuser.
    His excuse ? Tainted meat in Mexico!! LOL how come every Mexican fighter,footballer or every sports star proven to have failed the tests for Clenbuterol ?? After all they all eat the same meat C'mon are you really that dumb ??? I gue you must be ss

7. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Bivol is much better opponent than Caleb Plant. Much better resume. Plant has fought an utter and absolute garbage lineup since Uzcatequi. I have no doubt that Bivol could come down to 168 and handle Plant fairly easily.

It's also a much more entertaining fight against Canelo as he'll meet him in the center of the ring.

Really hope this fight isn't cheapened at 168 with a five week camp for Bivol.

I wouldn't mind 168lbs at all (Bivol has said it wasn't a problem) but im sure he meant on a proper camp that might run a touch longer to cut the extra pounds , perhaps 10 weeks instead of the general 8.

we're down to 5 weeks now. doing this at 168lbs is a bad bad look.

Quina74 likes this.
  8. sdot_thadon

sdot_thadon Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2009
    So you mean to tell me GGG has NEVER been the A side for any fight in his entire career? Of eff'n course he wasn't the A side versus Canelo and it's ludicrous to insinuate he should have been. And also, if Margarito's name was ever cleared of that controversy I've never heard it. So you somehow blindly believe his innocence, yet are firmly convinced in Canelo's case. Sounds about right.

drenlou likes this.
  9. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    He was training for Caleb, but now he has to adjust to an entirely different opponent with a different style. Theyre both going to get a 6-7 week training camp. Bivol stays in the gym year round, so i dont see there being an issue not being able to properly train. And Canelo is moving up to 175 to fight Bivol.

10. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
  11. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Just look at who liked your post to see how silly it is. I KNOW he was innocent big difference Canelo was proven to have popped dirty Case closed

12. jmb1356

jmb1356 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    The thing is, if it's held at 168, most of his camp will be spent getting down to the weight. Preparation otherwise that would be spent on strategy and tactics.

13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    She is so fake. She does that fake smile and then looks down and starts browsing through her phone when the guy is answering, then back to the fake smile and nod. She does this often.

Unbelievable.

14. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Aren't you a fan of Margo who was a proven and convicted cheat?

drenlou likes this.
  15. shadow111

shadow111 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I wouldn't mind 168-lbs either but I agree that Bivol would deserve like a full 10 weeks to get down to 168 safely. Time is running out to make this fight happen at 168 for Sept 18th. Perhaps they should try to make this fight in December at 168, and Canelo could defend his title against somebody else for Sept 18th who's already at 168. The question is who? Who do you think he should / will fight in September?