Bizarre shift in opinion of Fury v Wilder II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by andrewa1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. DimitarB

DimitarB New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    50 percent? You kidding me. Fury was like 25 percent of his best. Actually, if we have to be realistic, he wasn't even 12,5%. Let's just conclude Fury was like 6,25% or even 3,125% for that matter.

Your comment is not serious for me. Tell me why this Fury is worse than the Fury vs Klistchko. He was just as incredibly good. Bar punching everything in Fury was top level - footwork, stamina, jab, defense in bohh fights IMO

2. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Fury will box his ears off again but lose on a predictable US decision.

3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    It's like I talking to a wall here.

4. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Another brilliant response.

5. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    :lol:You were literally talking in circles there.

6. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Uhm, no, you were just too stupid to appreciate your own contradictions and irrationalities. You are a very bad bot.

Everyone else seems to understand its not wise for a 6'9 man with a two inch height advantage to constantly dip against a fighter who only nailed him when he was dipping, and who he was utterly dominating other than in those moments. I've explained that at length, and you are just utterly incapable of summoning any kind of rational argument against it.

7. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    So he should not dip at all?
    I explained twice why he got knocked down while dipping. Once he stayed on the line, and the other time he tried to smother Wilder.
    It wasn't the fact that used head movement, it was his positioning.

8. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    This makes no sense whatsoever

9. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    No, you badly botched and contradicted yourself in a very sad but amusing attempt to pivot from a very clear reality that everyone but you can appreciate. You A. initially denied he was dipping then B. admitted he was dipping BOTH times he got nailed. You tried (poorly) to justify that, but the attempts fell on their faces. Feel free to relitigate it, its fun to shoot you down.

But at the end of the day, both times he A. gave up his height when he had other options and B. Should have used footwork to avoid the situation in the first place. Virtually everyone else is intelligent enough to see this except you.

10. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Wtf are you on about? I never denied he was dipping. I denied it was the fault of dipping. First time he dipped and tried to close the distance to smother Wilder. He should have stepped off the line(which Wilder actually himself did, then took an angle while controlling Fury's head and landed that brilliant shot). Second time he again dipped but this time he stood in place. He should have moved.
    Both times it was his footwork that got him in. That is my entire ****ing point which you can't seem to comprehend.

AGAIN! Should Fury have stood tall the entire fight? No! The dipping worked when the footwork was there. His own corner asked him not to stand still in front of Wilder(and then he did and got caught).

The biggest weapon Fury has is feinting, and a lot of it is reliant upon his head movement. You are arguing that he should drop it entirely...

11. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    More inane blather. More contradicting yourself. Everyone but you can see that dipping when you are 6'9 and 2 inches taller than your opponent, who only nailed you when you were dipping, is not a great move to rely on. (Oh, and I never said eliminate it entirely, I said reduce it dramatically). You note he caught while dipping, but are too stupid to apply causality, even though the reasons you outline are basically invoke causality (how do you ****ing dip while retreating backward you moron; its one or the other, he should have just moved backward and not given up his height). Your premise is inherently contradictory.

Oh, and I'm the one who mentioned he needed to improve footwork. You just contradicted yourself in an nonsensical narrative that made sense only to you. Anyway, he needs better footwork so that he AVOIDS dipping i.e. giving up his height. It was clear as day all fight long that when he was USING his footwork, NOT giving up his height, and retreating backward and or using a crowding, smothering based clinch, instead of a dipping based clinch, Wilder was never anywhere near him. It was clear to me, and apparently everyone but you, that Fury was very vulnerable when he was dipping. He gave up his height and looked vulnerable many rounds before he predictably got caught.

You are hopeless. If Fury Wilder II happens, Fury inexplicably dips his way into a KO, you will still somehow argue it was the smart move.

12. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    :lol: My entire ****ing argument is based on his footwork. The issue wasn't with him dipping. It was his MOTHERUCKING FOOTWORK!
    How do you not understand this?
    I said from the very get go that the dipping wasn't an issue, but his positioning was. He had to step off the line, which he did not do and got caught. His own ****ing corner told him not to stand in front of Wilder.

In the 9th, Fury tried to crowd/smother Wilder and he got caught. And in the 12th he just stood there.

13. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Your stupidity is breathtaking. HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DIP AND RETREAT BACKWARD AT THE SAME TIME! Apart from that, again, I love that you blithely ignore causality to such strong correlation. Not to mention it is just not ****ing rocket science that a 6'9 guy with a 2 inch height advantage shouldn't give up his height. Really not a shocking claim. And no one ****ing said Fury shouldn't use feints or head movement. Dipping is not coextensive with head movement. You can move your ****ing head and not dip, you absolute imbecile.

God, you are a very, very bad bot.

14. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    your not saying hes the same as when he fought Wlad are you ?? He was out for ages and ballooned up, he will defo improve come the rematch !

15. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    And again, in the 9th, the whole problem was Fury DIDNT try to crowd his way into a clinch. He ****ing dipped his way into a clinch, leaving himself entirely open. And in the 12th, again, he stood there WHILE DIPPING. I have maintained from the beginning that footwork is part and parcel of this problem. Clearly, he was too out of shape to rely on it enough, and instead overrelied on dipping. If he relied on footword more, he wouldn't put himself in a position where he was tempted to dip as much. That is the whole point. How do you not understand that you are essentially admitting this at times? But please go on, its amusing to see you malfunction.

Edit: Honestly, I'm looking over the whole course of our argument, and arguably the core of the problem is you are conflating "head movement" with "dipping". Again, these are NOT interchangeable terms. Head movement in the context of maintaining your height advantage and utilizing footwork and general movement is great. In the context of giving up your footwork, standing still and or coming closer, while lowering your head dramatically against someone you have a 2 inch height advantage on, is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019