Bizarre shift in opinion of Fury v Wilder II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by andrewa1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Maybe not quite as good...But I suspect that's the best we'll ever see from Tyson, regardless of what he does going forward. That said, there wasn't that much difference in terms of punch delivery or in the way he was moving in either fight. It comes down to Fury's conditioning...But, then, that's something you could have said about him prior to the layoff.

2. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I agree with earlier posts that wilder has more room to improve where as fury can just come in lighter or better conditioned

kelly pavlik mentioned it on the Rogan podcast and I've said it too wilder ignored the body. it's a big target and is far less illusive plus it will help set the head up. I think if he puts in body work he wins

3. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    But coming in better conditioned makes a much more massive positive and trackable difference for Fury than anything Wilder could do. I agree Wilder needs to target the body. That is the single most achievable adjustment Wilder can make. But its still a lot easier said than done, and somewhat dependent upon Fury and his performance.

If Fury gets in better condition, and or makes tactical changes in his gameplan, he can eliminate the mistakes that lead to the two times he got kd'd; I.e, dipping when he should have retreated and or clinched. There is nothing nearly so obvious for Wilder to "fix" or improve upon.

Birmingham likes this.
  4. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    This.

I think Fury knows this too, this is why he's signed to TR, to get a fairer deal (disgusting that it comes to it and the fans lose out overall)

But my two pence on the topic... I've never seen Wilder improve, so why can he now??? Fury was still fat...... Wide UD Fury next time, unless the good old U.S. STILL robs him of course!!
    But with his new $80mill, 5 fight deal in place, I think there will be a change of WBC champ very soon.
    Then finally after 4 long years of taxi driver defences and geriatric challengers, a World Boxing Champion who's actually a top 10 boxer.

5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I really cant understand people on here saying Wilder can improve whereas Fury can only come in lighter :facepalm:...Seriously biased stupidity

6. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He can definitely work the body more but I'm not sure if that's going to be enough or if he will have much success if he does. He pretty much abandoned going to the body after the 3rd round. He might have done that for a reason, if you rewatch the 4th Wilder comes out tries to go to the body and is check hooked. He tries again later in the round and is again check hooked. For the rest of the fight Wilder just pops the jab to the body and never really goes down stairs again.

Maybe it was a coincidence or maybe Wilder chose not to go down stairs again because he was being countered by that left hook.

andrewa1 and Holler like this.
  7. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Fury is levels above Wilder in drug use because Wilder definitely knocked his butt out in the twelfth round. The only reason he got up was those drugs kicked in, That's the reason he keeps bs-ing on the rematch. Wilder and his team will make sure that he has no designer drugs in his system.

8. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I don't know I picked Fury and said he would lose the rematch before they even fought. Watching the fight over and over ( I lost count) I think Fury will win. Other footage outside the ring and looking elsewhere where others don't to access a fight , I gotta go Fury again .

Theres to much things that Wilders doing and a lot around him that his career can be over by the end of this year physically and mentally. I wouldn't be shocked . At this point he is well on his way to having the most comical career in HW HISTORY as champion who had near 100% K.O record which makes it worse spanning over 40 fights.

9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018