Bj Penn: Win, Lose or Draw

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by neverheardofher, Jul 30, 2019.

1. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    When is it the end of the line for BJ?

With a record of 16/14/2 (Last 10 fights - 1/8/1)

At this stage is he just ruining his career?
    Makes you wonder if there is something deeper, money problems, etc.

Thoughts?

2. amil.77

amil.77 New Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Based on what his wife/baby mama said recently, it sounds like BJ's personal life has been troubled for a long time. I think she said something about him going on lengthy coke binges with his kids in the other room and having an off and on alcohol problem. And from what she said it wasn't just a recent thing he was snorting coke after beating hughes or something.

He probably can't cope with retirement. Fighting is the only thing holding his life together at all. I see a grim end for the sob, unfortunately. Hopefully not

Is he ruining his career? Yes sadly. As much as people say that losing past your prime doesn't hurt your legacy the fact is that it does.

3. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Seriously I would easily pick that mma journalist you beat CM Punk, Mike Jackson to easily defeat BJ Penn if they were to fight. Penn is nothing but a complete BUM these days both inside and outside of the cage. Imagine what the odds will be for Nick Lentz to stop Penn when they fight.

4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    He has a good round on him still. I hope he can put everything together for one last good performance but more than likely he's done after a round and gets blanketed by Lentz for the final 2 frames

5. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I disagree with you. Penn is garbage even in the first rd these days and will 100% be battered and stopped by Lentz. No way he reaches the final bell imo. Lentz hates his guts so won't be going easy on him and let him see the final bell.

6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    He won round 1 against Siver, Guida and started out fairly well against Hall. If Lentz fights too emotionally he could get caught especially early. Wishful thinking maybe but BJ still carries power. I think it'll be competitive early with Penn.starting out well but blowing his load and either losing a decision or getting stopped late.

7. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    One of the all time greats BJ Penn, sadly the future don't look good. Imo, there was something always fanatical about him, like you could tell he needed his training or he would fall apart

POTUS and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  8. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Despite his 7 fight losing streak, BJ isn't completely incompetent at fighting. When I think of a guy who was completely washed up beyond any hope, I think of Ali in his last two fights or, for more obscure examples, Antwun Echols or Rubin Williams. Those where guys who barely looked like professional fighters.

Don't get me wrong, BJ is a SHELL of himself, but as UnleashtheFURY has said, he's lifted rounds off Guida and Siver. So I think the people who claim BJ would lose to scrubs on the regional scene are either exagerating or speaking in bad faith.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  9. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Wow, didn't realise things were like that with him. If true then fighting probably is all that's holding his life together. Never been a big fan of BJ but sad to see him on such a downwards slide.