BJS, Ben Davinson and 160lbs

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, Aug 13, 2019.

1. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Do we think Ben can get Saunders to make 160lbs the way he did while he was using Ingles supplements?

Ben has Tyson Fury in great shape at the moment, but then again Tyson is a heavyweight who doesnt have to make weight so its not as difficult a task.

2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I think he'll really struggle, especially if he's not fighting at least twice a year at that weight, 7 fights in the last 5 years at Middleweight. Personally I think he's done, I hope so, he doesn't deserve any paydays.

3. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    He'll make middleweight with no issues. Only issue he ever had with weight was ill discipline. Middleweight is where Davison wants him to be.

Davo likes this.
  4. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    If it’s a massive fight with plenty of notice and BJS has the brains , then he’ll get there comfortably and give his true showing. I hope BJS means everything he said today and I hope Hearn can actually deliver on his part, it could be a truly great partnership for British boxing.

They are the biggest fights out there for any British fighter if AJ loses to Ruiz again.

Davo and Spud Head like this.
  5. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Agreed, he’s not even a big middle weight is he?

Davo and BigStiffIdiot like this.
  6. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    No. There's literally nothing to see here. Any time he's been in a serious 160 fight he's made the weight comfortably and his trainer has recently suggested that's where he wants him to be.

Pompey Junglist and Davo like this.
  7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I'm not so sure, he hasn't fought at Middleweight in nearly 2 years and since then he's been busted for using a banned substance that aided him. In that time he's fought once at Super Middleweight and once at what was technically Cruisrweight, 178lbs. It's just a total f**k up that needs to be addressed immediately and I guess that is what Hearn is trying and hoping to do. Can Saunders fight at least twice a year against genuinely top level opposition?

DJN16 likes this.
  8. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    Billy Joe isn't a SMW. He's a good size MW and will continue to make it for as long as he stays off the Dominos.

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    He needs to recognise that between now and the end of his career as a boxer, there can't be any more blowouts. He needs to live the life, in and outside the gym.

If he can't, Davidson needs to cut him loose before his own reputation is also compromised.

Davo and Pompey Junglist like this.
  10. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The problem is, he'll pick up good easy(ish) money fighting Smith, Brook, Eubank etc(this is better for Hearn all the money stays internally), rather than the likes of GGG, Brook etc

Davo likes this.
  11. Taylor2010

Taylor2010 Arranging chromosome injections for injured boxers Full Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Im sure the talk used to be that he could/should be fighting at 154

12. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Bit confused what you are saying about Brook here
    He should make weight fine for a few years hes just a man child with poor discipline.
    Smith is 50/50, He would batter Brook but they are pals so that wont happen. The Eunbank fight is still there and still a decent fight depending on what Eubank does next and he gives GGG fits

BJS can be as good as he wants. Another Kell Brook with one decent win in his career, or he can get mentioned as the best in the world if he takes on GGG, Alvarez clocks ticking...

13. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    . He can make middleweight easily when motivated. Nothing to do with "supplements" and everything to do with inactivity and lack of motivation.

tee_birch likes this.
  14. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    Saunders mentioned in an interview yesterday that he had been up training with Ingle. I wouldnt be surprised if he starts working up in sheffield on a full time basis again since Ben Davidson is with Tyson.

15. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    The problem is getting 2 top class opponents in the ring with BJS.

He makes middleweight easily, needs something to motivate him, and has the talent to beat anyone in his weight class

Twentyman likes this.