Bob Arum Lookin' To Make Crawford-Granados...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by There Will Be Blood, Feb 24, 2017.

1. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood #TheMedicalTeam #750 banned Full Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Felix Diaz priced himself out, I guess. Man, Granados is tough, but he's mostly full of heart. I see Bud KOing this dude in the 5th or 6th round.

Braindamage likes this.
  2. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    If Crawford is really that good, then why does Arum continually match him softly? He has no business fighting a guy that just lost to Broner.

Rock0052 and Peril like this.
  3. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    its an ok fight.

4. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I'm a fan of Bud's, but I'm starting to get a little frustrated here. Bob's got the clout to match him better than Molina and Granados, no offense to those guys.

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Not interested.

Craw is being hailed as a p4p standout and even 'the next mayweather, but with power' and hes taking on a guy Broner just beat? Give me a break lol.

Savagekat likes this.
  6. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    i can totally see this happening. it will go accordingly to his previous opponents. i can see him fighting antonio demarco

7. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Exactly. Arum and Haymon are now open to working with each other as well, so there are several fights at welterweight that Crawford could have. I think Crawford gets exposed at 147 if he fights Porter, Thurman, Spence, Bradley etc.

Rock0052 likes this.
  8. There Will Be Blood

Sep 6, 2016
    They're saving Bud for a Pacquiao showdown. Granados will be an easy, highlight reel KO and thus build up the fight some more. I thought this was obvious?

9. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I'd much rather see him against Diaz

TigerDariusz likes this.
  10. There Will Be Blood

Sep 6, 2016
    They're saving Bud for a Pacquiao showdown. Granados will be an easy, highlight reel KO and thus build up the fight some more. I thought this was obvious?

11. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    It's not a great fight... But I can see the rationale behind it. Broner may have been have gotten the nod but it wasn't a convincing win(many actually think Granados got robbed) They could easily market it that way, and if Crawford dominates him it would be a major statement. Granados is a guy who to my knowledge has never been dominated and several of his losses were questionable. Until a big fight can be made this will have to do.

kirk and Braindamage like this.
  12. Monochrome_Night

Monochrome_Night Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Granados fought a close fight against Broner, but he's still coming off a loss. Stupid fight imo. Easy fight after easy fight means those skills will deteriorate by the time the big fight comes. That's how I see it.

13. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I hear you man, I just dont like to rationalize and normalize p4p standouts and champions taking these level of fights, even though I absolutely see where you are coming from. I think people can rationalize plenty of fights that shouldnt be happening if they tried hard enough. Granados, close fight with Broner or not, doesnt deserve the fight imo. But like you said, if theres really no other better options (havent really gone down the list myself and seen whose available n whose not) then it is what it is and will have to do.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  14. Russell

Russell VIP Member banned Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    It's not a bad fight, but that doesn't mean it would be a competitive one. The timing is the worst part, why not make it before the Broner match?

15. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Crawford can look spectacular against anyone at 140. Arum just needs to put his hands in his pocket. I heard this card is being built up for Shakur Stevenson's debut, so Arum probably isn't willing to lay decent money to get Bud a decent opponent for this.

Savagekat likes this.