Bob Arum: "Tyson Fury would beat Mike Tyson"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    You must know that even at his lightest Wilder was somewhat more than 90 Kilos.
    And he was 108 Kilos in their last fight, lean.

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Bob arum is just promoting his last Cow Cash. Lol, he knows in his head that Iron mike would have chopped him down like a cherry tree.

3. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    I think Tyson would win

4. TMLT87

TMLT87 Active Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2021
    I mean...the size difference would be ridiculous. Mike did beat up bigger guys but we are talking 6'1-6'4 and 220-240 usually. I'm trying to think of who the biggest guy he fought was...McBride maybe?

5. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    No he wouldn't. I'm a huge Fury fan but his namesake in his prime lays him out cold.

6. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    I agree, he's to big.

7. Joe-fist

Joe-fist Wise men fear nothing Full Member

Aug 24, 2021
    Comon BOB! MIke is 55 of course he will lose:eusa_doh:and you will lose badly to a 20years old too...BOB is 89 and become senile a little more everyday...

8. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    88 Spinks Mike maybe would get him out. I've only seen two Tyson Fury's I consider could beat that Mike, that 's the Wlad version and Wilder2.

9. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    It's pretty obvious he would. The only fighter around Tyson's size Fury has fought is Seferi and the size difference was staggering. Guys that have connected well on Fury are all much taller and rangier than Tyson. Tyson also has a bad gas tank due to the unnatural bulk on a small frame and Fury has the skill and size to avoid enough bombs in the early stages to then deal with a very diminished opponent. Even if Tyson lands a bomb, Fury has taken shots from bigger punchers in Wlad and Wilder so probably survives. Once Tyson slows down, Fury would grind him down or just box to a decision with his huge reach advantage and good movement.

10. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Pre Prison Mike 70-30 in favour of Fury, Post prison Mike 90-10 Fury.
    Mike was brilliant and an ATG but i think Fury could be the best HW in any era.
    Fury is the most skilled HW ever for his size i have to admit Fury is slowing down now and has adopted his style to suit but the Fury that beat Wlad would beat any HW in history, the fight was a stinker but only because Fury nullified everything Wlad tried, his fitness and skill in that fight for me was a prime Fury and i dont think any HW in history would have beat him that night.

11. TFP

TFP Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Peak Mike [say 1986] Tyson vs peak Fury [whose true peak was lost to mental health issues and arguably to some extent Covid, but for convenience's sake let's say 2020] is obviously a dream match-up. I make it something like 60:40 in Fury's favour. In order to win, Mike needs to KO him within probably the first six or so rounds, and would have a pretty decent chance of doing so.

12. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I don’t often agree with Bob but when he said water is wet and Fury would beat Tyson, I had to agree. It’s boxing and anything can happen. We saw that last weekend when Kambosos legitimately beat Teo Lopez. I would favor Fury over Tyson but it’s not 100%. If they fought a bunch of times, Fury would win 75-80%. Fury is just too slick, too long and too smart for Tyson. Tyson would be swinging at air and eating jabs all night. He’d get frustrated and melt down. Easy win for Fury even if he has to eat a few shots in the process.

Tyson wouldn’t be able to bite off Fury’s ear because he’s so tall. Might need to stand on his stool to get level. Fury also beats Evander, most likely. I also think Usyk beats Tyson. But he’d have a better chance of getting his ear bitten off because he’s not as tall as Fury.

13. stevic1

stevic1 Marvelous Full Member

Oct 18, 2021
    One part of me says Fury and one says Mike,but knowing the two I just can't put my finger on only one outcome.
    Styles make fights and I think that Fury would be a bad matchup for Iron Mike but it's one of those fights that you need to see to be sure who is winning..

14. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I think Iron Mike would have a rough time contending with the stature of Fury, Tyson historically always had a bit of a problem with taller guys being able to tie him up and stop the action. Fury is very good at tying up shorter guys and muscling and wrestling them. This isn't to say Mike couldn't beat Fury, but that would be a very, very difficult task given both of their dimensions. It's funny because there are HW's I think Tyson would run over that could give Fury Hell, it's just a weird odd stylistic matchup. That's just one more thing that makes boxing crazy.

15. DobyZhee

DobyZhee VIP Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Mike Tyson by a million body shots.