Bob Arum...ufc = skinheads & homos

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Beenie, Sep 10, 2009.

1. socrates

socrates THE ORIGINAL... Full Member

Sep 30, 2008
    this whole 'mma is for white boys' is a myth! the demographic of fighters is probably similar to boxings fedor silva machida penn st pierre etc in america the fanbase tend to be mainly white men not the fighters. that interview is ancient.

2. USA_Pugilist

USA_Pugilist The Great White Hope Full Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Are you speaking of boxing or the UFC?

3. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Both.

4. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I don't like MMA nearly as much as boxing, I only catch replays of some fights that interest me. Also I've seen those specials where they show top fights on free TV, some of them are very entertaining so I disagree with Arum (also on the whole race thing).

Still, I found the interview pretty funny and I doubt Arum really believes everything he said, if anything.

5. Tito Time

Tito Time slayin um Full Member

May 24, 2006
    I love Arum... lol!

6. PirateGorilla

PirateGorilla Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2005
    "[It's] guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground. It is not a sport that shows great, great talent. The guys can't throw a punch to save their ass. When it lands, the guys have no chins."

LOL

7. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005

:think

Hmmm...

Sports
    Table Tennis
    Canoeing
    Badminton
    Sailing
    Figure Skating

Not Sports
    Rugby
    American Football
    Baseball

That is, unless you want to count every sport recognized by the International Olympic Committee as a "sport"...like chess, powerboating and orienteering. That's pay-per-view material right there.

They hug each other less than wrestlers or judokas do...despite both of those being Olympic sports.

And speaking of Olympic MMA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration

8. Axe

Axe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 23, 2005
    GSP has a solid case as well.:canada

9. socrates

socrates THE ORIGINAL... Full Member

Sep 30, 2008
    gsp: his resume alone far surpasses silvas,anderson like franklin is basically a lhw fighting at 185 whereas gsp is a natural welterweight,silva is the new bruce lee apparently because he beat forrest griffin!

10. ricardoparker93

ricardoparker93 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2009
    i'm sorry but IMHO this is one of the funniest boxing interviews of all time.

Look at Bobs face as he says these things lmao, and then he just see's summin he knows and smiles before looking back and claiming that they role round on the floor like homosexuals :L

11. Drunkenboxer

Drunkenboxer Least Eligible Bachelor Full Member

May 12, 2006

Bull**** it is! I'm sick of that argument. The culture of boxing is far more achaic and brutal than MMA. MMA as a controlled combat sport is yet to have a fatality (Al leat that's true for the UFC), purely for the fact that a fighter is allowed to submit. If a boxer tapped the way Forrest Griffin did against Rashad Evans he's have every old fart from here to Bum**** Idaho calling him a quitter.

12. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Arum carries on very unprofessionally in this interview imo. He sounds very bitter. He does have a bit of a point regarding Mayweather but just because he hates MMA and rednecks follow it (as he states) doesn't mean that it's not a legitimate sport and should be respected. I personally will always much prefer boxing but MMA has some good and bad points the same as boxing has some good and bad points. Arum craps on how MMA has no skill, well how skillful does Ricky Hatton look Bob and he was P4P top 10 and a showcase fighter in boxing for the last 4 yrs or so. Fighters like Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko are incredible fighting machines and if a cranky old ******* like Arum can't appreciate them then he is a total ****wit.

13. MiracleMan

MiracleMan Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Shutup Arum. Mayweather is the man.