BodyBuilder and Fitness model discussion page

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Anglosaxon, Nov 10, 2012.

1. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Drink when you're thirsty. You've probably heard that at that point you're already dehydrated, that's an old obsolete line/idea thrown around. Drink when you feel like it.

2. det

det Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nice1. Would anyone recommend a particular brand, something specific to look out for when buying protein powder?

3. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    In the UK I think Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is probably the best bet. There are higher 'quality', such as the Hydrowhey, but it is close to £60 for 1.5kg I think it is, because I believe they use a method called cross-flow filtration, which results in the highest quality whey protein.

Going down London then to France for a week; we usually go away close to Christmas, I love a break tbh. Last two assignments handed in today on two extremely boring topics in all honesty, so can't wait.

What I'd suggest is maybe every 8 weeks rotate the primary lift on the lower power day. Go from squats to deadlifts for a while. :good

4. det

det Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Thanks jdsm.

5. cutthroat22

cutthroat22 New Member Full Member

May 31, 2012
    Should I not be doing deadlifts? I have rack pulls in my routine but no actual deads.
    That's sick I'd love to get away for Christmas.

If your buying optimum nutrition it's cheapest on amazon at £23.17 inc delivery but only on the chocolate. If you use code fb40 on the actual O.N website you'll get 40% off none sale items.

6. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    Yeah, you could throw deads in on the pull day, since you're going to give your spinal erectors plenty of time between deads and the next squat session. The reason I go with rack pulls on the 'pull' day is because I can go heavier since I'm taking the legs out of the movement, I then rotate squats and deads on the 'strength' days every 8 weeks or so.

What size tub is that for btw mate?

7. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    My arm size is down a little too since starting so may add a few more tri exercises.

It's the 908g (28 servings) here's a choc mint one. I always use amazon as the cheapest anywhere else is 27+
    [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000GIQSV6/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1355304965&sr=8-6&pi=SL75[/ame]

8. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    Should try ebay mate, you can get the 2.2lb for 45 with free next day delivery.

9. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    You mean kg? It only saves a quid I hate paying that much in one go even though its better value, It feels less if I spread the cost ha.

Rest day today, just did a 3mile run, first time I've ran in months and was expecting to be shite but I breezed it.

10. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Just started a new program. 4 day split. Upper push, upper pull, lower push, lower pull.

Been a long time since I've tried anything with this much volume (been doing 531 for the last 6 months, and 3x5 before that), so it's leaving me pretty wiped out, but I'm loving it so far.

11. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Never heard of lower pull and lower push.
    Always heard of it being push/pull/legs

12. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Push is squat and pull is deadlift. I think only a bodybuilder would say legs.

13. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Yeah, lower pull is deads, 1-leg deads, udls, glute thrusters. Lower push is squats, front squats, lunges etc...

14. withoutwire

withoutwire Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Gains steadily increasing. Intermittent fasting + GST = gainz

15. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2009
    My mind is blown how much better I feel just from drinking more water... Maybe placebo but whatever I'm going with it :) before I was probably getting between 1-1.5 litres...