BodyBuilder and Fitness model discussion page

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Anglosaxon, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Lmao yes I remember that. Too funny.

Cutt I don't think I'll ever post up a topless pic.. Until I'm 180lbs lean then what can they say? "You're so vain". Yeah, u mirin son?

2. cutthroat22

cutthroat22 New Member Full Member

May 31, 2012
    that ghost bulking was great, did they guy get caught out in the end?

I tend not to post topless pics anywhere on fb or anything like that, i've posted on here as it's people I don't know so it's not such a big deal if people think i'm being vain. The way I see it now is that it's like anything else, if you've put so much effort in so why not show it off? but I don't because the first time I did my g/f had a right go at me and said I was 'changing' into something she doesn't like.

3. Smudger

Apr 1, 2009
    No idea, only read the first few pages. The misc can get annoying with people constantly just posting "IN" or "GJDM". There's some epic threads in there though similar to that one. The lounge here is tame compared to the misc.

4. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    The misc used to be so much better, but every now and again something worth reading comes along. Too many idiots wanking over the rep system

5. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
  6. Smudger

Apr 1, 2009
    Negged.

How does one strengthen their wrists? Once again my genetics have failed me, I have tiny wrists and tiny hands. I think I hurt it doing upright rows, but can't be sure as i felt fine in the gym, just half an hour later in the shower it felt like I sprained it. Not the first time either. Its getting annoying and holding me back.

7. withoutwire

withoutwire Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Bones become denser in response to being stressed, ie loaded with weight. So out some pressure on your wrists, eg benching. If you've sprained it you'll have to rest it for now though

8. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    :good

Your poverty neg bounces off my mod rep.

9. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    Yo paul, just considering a few things right now so sorry for not getting back to you.

I've got my laptop sorted now (been viewing on my phone for months) these are a good watch, I've not seen them all yet but I do enjoy how kai green looks at things..

http://videos.bodybuilding.com/show/train-with-kai

I've also ordered arnies newest book which I can't wait to read. My last few days have been spent organizing myself so I can put maximum effort in for the new year.

10. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    No problem mate. I wasn't sure if you'd got it, one of my replies to Scrap just sent as a blank message, so thought it may have been playing up.

11. Smudger

Apr 1, 2009
    So basically... Lift?

My Angus is peppered.

12. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    Christmas has gone the complete opposite to what I thought it would, I've probably only been eating 1000-1200cals a day, lost a few lb and not been able to go to the gym has been really annoying.

Also started using simplyshredded forum again, anyone on it?

13. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I know what non-linear training is and about working on weaknesses, the point is that gains in strength are primarily neural so working the movement is always going to be better than any supplementary movements when it comes to improving lifts (not saying that working on weak points isn't important). The lower back shouldn't ever be a limiting factor in a deadlift, you can always apply far more force isometrically than in any concentric movement, good deadlift technique is the most important thing for saving your back so if you want to avoid injuring your back the best thing to do is lift light with good form. That good form and neural repetition is going to do more for your lifts than working on particular sticking points, the sticking points on a deadlift are due to form issues 99% of the time anyway. Keep in mind that you're talking about professional power lifters so the little things make a big difference, I doubt many of us here are pushing our limits that close so the best thing to do is just do the lift and perfect the technique.

14. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    anyone set any goals for the new year?

15. Smudger

Apr 1, 2009
    Get to 12% minimum I think. Gonna be joining a proper gym in the new year too, not a fitness gym, a real bodybuilding gym. My mate goes there, so I'll have a training partner for the first time too. Gonna be the weakest person there for sure but not a single **** will be given :)