BodyBuilder and Fitness model discussion page

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Anglosaxon, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2009
    She's right. You gotta cycle creatine bro.

2. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried about gyno and testicular atrophy

3. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2009
    When I'm old enough for creatine I'm just gonna blast and cruise with hcg.

God mode 24/7, 365 a year.

4. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    :lol:

Epic story.

5. Matty lll

Matty lll Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Seeing as you guys know about the scientific side of it, would you say that their is even any real benefeit to taking protein supplements or creatine? Does not doing so put me at a disadvantage?

I don't really want to get into all that stuff but I'm not sure if it would hinder me at all.

6. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Creatine is cheap, safe and effective - worth trying. There are some people that are non-responders.

Whey protein is a very high quality source of protein that can be very helpful when it comes to getting in enough protein, although it's just that - protein. If you prefer getting a majority of your protein from chicken, turkey, steak, eggs, milk etc then there's no need :good

7. Matty lll

Jan 21, 2011
    Would you say it's easier to get the right amount of protein from natural food or from whey protein? As in how much natural food would you have to eat to get the amount you'd get from X quantity of whey?

I've also heard from a few mates that creatine is bad because it contians so many calories, carbs or whatever, is that true?

Cheers for the advice :good

8. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    Creatine has no nutritive value if you're just buying creatine monohydrate powder. Some companies sell a flavoured version, so that may have some calories in, but it sounds like they don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to creatine :yep

Protein requirements vary based on a number of variables, but for most people I think they can probably hit their protein requirements from whole foods. It's definitely easier to get more protein through whey, since most powders are like 25g protein per scoop :good

9. Matty lll

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks mate, I'll look into it depending on prices.

10. cutthroat22

cutthroat22 New Member Full Member

May 31, 2012
  11. Anglosaxon

Anglosaxon FASTEST HANDS ON ESB Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Been training hard, gaining weight but good muscle too. It's been hard to focus on a decent diet here, but I can easily cut weight and rip up within 2-3 weeks, so my weight although increasing has been decent increases. I have had 3 separate people this week come up and say I am looking a lot bigger than when I arrived, they noticed me without speaking to me when I arrived as they said I looked big then, so I am assuming I am looking a fair bit bigger now.

3 weeks left in Aus, then off to Canada again in March, how's everyone else doing?

12. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    Alright guys I'm doing a charity even. Just set up a page, if you can spare anything even if its just a quid I'd really appreciate it and ill sponsor you guys if anyone does anything

https://www.justgiving.com/Craigwolsey/

13. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010

What you doing for charity mate?

14. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    It's basically a stair run up the highest building in sheffield as fast as I can, I'm just doing sprints up and down my stairs to train for it but I don't think it will be too taxing. I just want to do some good stuff this year like raising money for charity and giving as much blood as I can etc (I watched the video you posted on fb and plan on doing that this week)

Also VIRUS! thank you for the donation! very generous of you and I really really appreciate it. If you do any sponsored events I'll sponsor you for sure. Same goes for anyone on here.